This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy one: Get two

My mum ordered a nice chair for my sister at big name furniture shop. It was a type of chair that sorta says "Plant your ass right here and don't move".

My mum goes in to collect it on the day it was due in. She asked the employees that she had come in for that certain chair.
    Their response:
    Something along the lines of: "Grunt. Here. Go away" (thats about as simple as I can get it).
    My mum left not too happy with the service.

The next day:
    "Hello, (Icey's Mum)? Your chair has come in today. Feel free to pick it up any time you want."
    She went in again to see what it was all about. This time, she was greeted by a friendly employee.

When I came home, we had two chairs.
    Me: "Whats this?"
    Mum: "Well... Turns out that when I went in to get the chair on the first day... the employees didn't write down that I had gotten my chair."
    Me: "So... we got another chair for free?"
    Mum: "Yep!
    Me: "Niiiiiiiice!

Sometimes... you may get terrible service... But we still ended up with a smile on our faces...
    Excuse me, I need to go wipe some of my evil off it...
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

OO, I apologize if this goes into fratching.
    However, you may have gotten poor service, but this is still akin to stealing.

Perhaps writing into management about the service you received would have been the better route. They can't fix what they don't know about. Now their inventory will be off, which yes, is their fault, but you now have a chair you didn't pay for.
    "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Sorry, but I have to agree with ZumZum. Please do the right thing, even if the store/employees didn't.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
        My mum ordered a nice chair for my sister at big name furniture shop. It was a type of chair that sorta says "Plant your ass right here and don't move".

My mum goes in to collect it on the day it was due in. She asked the employees that she had come in for that certain chair.
        Their response:
        Something along the lines of: "Grunt. Here. Go away" (thats about as simple as I can get it).
        My mum left not too happy with the service.

The next day:
        "Hello, (Icey's Mum)? Your chair has come in today. Feel free to pick it up any time you want."
        She went in again to see what it was all about. This time, she was greeted by a friendly employee.

When I came home, we had two chairs.
        Me: "Whats this?"
        Mum: "Well... Turns out that when I went in to get the chair on the first day... the employees didn't write down that I had gotten my chair."
        Me: "So... we got another chair for free?"
        Mum: "Yep!
        Me: "Niiiiiiiice!

Sometimes... you may get terrible service... But we still ended up with a smile on our faces...
        Excuse me, I need to go wipe some of my evil off it...
        Let me get this straight. Your mom paid for ONE chair. She collected one, and then was called back the next day and collected ANOTHER without paying for it.

That is not cool. In fact, that is incredibly sucky. It's actions like that which result in prices getting raised, and staff getting cut because of low profit. It is ALSO theft and CS.com does not condone any illegal activity.

I am closing this thread to prevent it going into fratching. I strongly suggest you and your Mom come clean with the store.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Opening this thread as Iseeyouthere has an update.

Comment

I understand that this type of action was wrong and thank you for pointing it out.

I took to the advice of everyone here and I checked in with my mum about contacting the store. It turns out she had already done so and the store had said she could keep it because it was an employee fault.

So, we are in clear with the store.

Sorry for any mis-understandings.

Comment

Kudos to your mom for doing this. Now if we only knew what happened to that surly employee.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Kudos to your mom for doing this. Now if we only knew what happened to that surly employee.
                Methinks the manager had a little "Chat" with said employee...

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                  Methinks the manager had a little "ChatChew-Off" with said employee...
                  Minor nibble,
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                    Methinks the manager had a little "Chat" with said employee...
                    Me thinks that said employee had a little chat with a Pink Slip of Paper.
                    There Can Be Only One

Comment

I'm glad your mom did the right thing. She's a very good person for doing so.

Comment

I'm glad your mom spoke up and doubly glad the store took extra care of her in the end. You do realize, however, that the 2nd plant-your-butt-here chair means your guests will never leave.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          I'm glad your mom spoke up and doubly glad the store took extra care of her in the end. You do realize, however, that the 2nd plant-your-butt-here chair means your guests will never leave.
                          Screw the guests... Its MY chair!
                          No! Bug off! My chair! Not moving! Na! No! Mine!

Comment

And your avatar is perfect for saying that.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm picturing part of that Foxworthy routine where he talks about how he'll never get out of that recliner, just wait for people to walk by.

"Hey! While you're up, make me a sandwich! ... I think I smell smoke, is the house on fire? There's an extinguisher under the sink!"
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X