Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaah snakes. One of the prettiest jeweliest things to come out of nature. I'm not sure I can identify with them on a personal level, although I can imagine a life spent in pursuit of warmth and scratchy branches.
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-12-2011, 01:31 AM. Reason: Removed Fratching comments

Comment

Far as I'm concerned, anything that does the world a favor by ridding it of vermin is okay in my book. This is why I don't kill spiders. Spiders are good; they eat bugs.

"The gods didn't send them anything bad, or evil. Even a snake isn't bad; in fact, it's delicious. You just have to keep away from the sharp end."
      Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-12-2011, 01:43 AM. Reason: fratching

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        Far as I'm concerned, anything that does the world a favor by ridding it of vermin is okay in my book. This is why I don't kill spiders. Spiders are good; they eat bugs.
        Finally! Someone else has the same thoughts I do! I knew there was a reason I liked you!
        Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-12-2011, 01:42 AM.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Okay, folks, we're not talking about Fundamentalist Christians, Biblical interpretations, or if women should or should not wear pantsuits. We're talking about snakes and people being freaked out by them for whatever reason.

This thread is VERY close to being shut down.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
            I was doing dishes tonight when a spider dropped down in front of me. I did pull his string down, but I set him on the counter and let him scamper off. I have a soft spot for spiders (although there are some that creep me out a little--usually black ones). This little guy was adorable, and clever.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I would love a pet snake... But if I want to continue to live here, I can't have one.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                My cousin heard the entire thing and responded with "Don't like snakes? Thats not a very nice way to talk about your family
                Now, now, that's a terrible thing to say! About the snakes, that is.

That woman... Some people just don't have two brain cells to rub together, or enough sense to keep their traps shut and mind their own business.

LillFilly, your snake is pretty.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We live in a kinda rural area,if we didn't have snakes we'd be overrun with mice.

I pulled this handsome young fella out & sent him on his way to eat more mice around the house.

Some of the deadliest animals in the world are also some of the most beautiful.

Mrs Frantic hates spiders,I'm OK with 'em. Having said that,this happened to her one night: We were camped on our land with another couple,sittin' around the fire gettin' inebriated when a tarantula (common here) appears & in some sort of arachnian determinism proceeds in a straight line right over my wife's foot,then into the darkness,never wavering in direction.

She never moved,she knew it wouldn't bite if she didn't scare it (never mind that it couldn't bite through jeans anyways & would most likely take off in fear)
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

yeah... nice how she asked to "see him" suddenly.

sounds like she really thought others wouldn't see through her plan.

maybe a snake ate her brain...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      ... maybe a snake ate her brain...
                      Nah, her roll for brains came up snake eggs.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        We're talking about snakes and people being freaked out by them for whatever reason.
                        Speaking of which, when I was a young lad one of my chores was to rake the leaves in our yard. We lived in northern Florida. So I am contentedly doing my leaf raking duties, turned around and saw a snake about six feet away from me, looking at me. I screamed and suddenly found myself on the opposite side of our house. It turned out to be a harmless black snake, but it sure scared the living daylights out of me. If I could have only run that fast in phys-ed class.

I've not been bothered by any snakes since then.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I love snakes. They are not going out to go out of their way to bite you and would rather flee than fight. Even Rattle snakes will sound their rattle to warn you that you are too close. (but i would advise going near one nonetheless.) I have petted a Blood Python, Boa constrictors, ribbon snakes, water snakes, red racers, corn snakes, etc. I have even ben bitten by cornsnakes, and ribbon snakes but they weren't that bad.
                          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            We lived in northern Florida.
                            That's a part of the world where you have every right to be afraid of them. Also Australia. I said to an Aussie acquaintance that I wasn't afraid of spiders or snakes, but she said that you HAVE to be if you go to Australia. I grew up in a place where there were no venomous snakes for the width of a province on all sides, so I just never got afraid of them. I see one and it's as scary as if I saw a squirrel. My mother and I have been known to stop on the road and drag sunbathing snakes off to the side out of harm's way. This lack of fear could be a problem depending on whose woods I go walking in...

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              I have a soft spot for spiders (although there are some that creep me out a little--usually black ones).
                              I'm convinced that the shiny black ones are evil. Any other spider is cool, but if it's got a dark shiny carapace, it's getting dust-bustered. *twitch*

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                              Even Rattle snakes will sound their rattle to warn you that you are too close.
                              I've never actually seen a rattler in person, but I've heard one from about a foot away.

My cousins and I were up in the mountains in early spring while there was still some snow on the ground, and we were playing tag. A bunch of us had surrounded this bush when we all heard that distinct rattling sound. Needless to say, we all decided that nobody was going back near that bush. We must have been really noisy to have roused him with it being that cold out.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have an agreement with snakes, spiders, etc. They leave me alone I leave them alone (besides shooing them out of someplace they shouldn't be). Then again I wince when somebody kills a bug, poor bug didn't do anything (I usually grab something like a dust pan or paper and move them outside).
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X