Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my car decked out with a red dragon motif. Red dragons on the hub caps, the red dragon symbol from Mah Jhong on the doors and a quote from the movie on the back door. (benefits of having worked at a sign shop that did vehicle decals)

There's a local woman who is a bit of a holy roller... she's come into the store before trying to give me bible tracts. (I just keep my arms folded so she can't hand them to me and if she leaves them on the counter I ask her to pick up her trash)

Well, she sees me park my car near the store one day and hobbles up to me and tells me that dragons are evil and a sign of the devil.

"It's a Chinese dragon. They're considered good luck."

"It's a symbol of the devil!"

"That's nice. You are aware that there are cultures around the world other than yours and they have different beliefs than you, right? Don't bother me about this again."

She gave me the cat butt face but I quickly got into the store and locked the door behind me in case she thought of a retort.

But seriously... I've had this car 13 years. Aside from a couple of sets of tires, a new vinyl top and a set of brakes (and the usual routine maintenance), it's held up remarkably well. My Dracotracker has good luck!

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
      Well, she sees me park my car near the store one day and hobbles up to me and tells me that dragons are evil and a sign of the devil.
      That seems to have been omitted in my copy of the bible. Maybe you could ask her where it says that the next time she bothers you?

Got any pictures online of your car? It sounds neat.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        That seems to have been omitted in my copy of the bible. Maybe you could ask her where it says that the next time she bothers you?

Got any pictures online of your car? It sounds neat.

Hm... I thought I did but I must have deleted them.

Comment

lol. Those responses are priceless. Glad you didn't let the lady touch him.

I have to say though, I don't much like snakes. But then, I grew up in an area that had alot of rattlers. If you saw a snake or heard a rattle, you moved very slowly the other direction.
          Last edited by Moirae; 10-14-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
            Hm... I thought I did but I must have deleted them.
            Ahem. Then you need to take some more. Because.

Pics or it doesn't exist.

PS Your car sounds amazingly SHINY. I really, really want to see it.
            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
            X