This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thief at future shop

I didn't see this, my brother did. He and his girlfriend were there looking at laptops after theirs met an unfortunate end with a cup of coffee. As they were looking at a laptop, there was a guy nearby who went up to a display laptop and took out wire cutters and cut the cable connecting the laptop to the counter. As soon as he cut it, sirens went off and he ran out of the store without the laptop. Someone came over to see what was going on and my bro and his gf gave them a description of the guy and what he did. The guy got away, but he was caught on security camera, and they had a description so the store would know him if he came back. The store was so grateful to my brother and his girlfriend that they gave them $25 off anything in the store.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

First thing I thought of was MR. SHOPLIFTER IN ELECTRONICS SECTION!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      First thing I thought of was MR. SHOPLIFTER IN ELECTRONICS SECTION!
      Our security people at Nordbums had pseudonyms. You'd call and they'd page whoever was working. One of them, a woman, went by Michael Myers.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Oh my word.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
          I didn't see this, my brother did. He and his girlfriend were there looking at laptops after theirs met an unfortunate end with a cup of coffee. As they were looking at a laptop, there was a guy nearby who went up to a display laptop and took out wire cutters and cut the cable connecting the laptop to the counter. As soon as he cut it, sirens went off and he ran out of the store without the laptop. Someone came over to see what was going on and my bro and his gf gave them a description of the guy and what he did. The guy got away, but he was caught on security camera, and they had a description so the store would know him if he came back. The store was so grateful to my brother and his girlfriend that they gave them $25 off anything in the store.
          Awesomely done

Boy, that takes a set of brass ones, don't it? He needs to polish them a bit though; after all that trouble to free a laptop, and he doesn't even try to finish the job?
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            Awesomely done

Boy, that takes a set of brass ones, don't it? He needs to polish them a bit though; after all that trouble to free a laptop, and he doesn't even try to finish the job?
            I agree, it was unattached, why didn't he take it? Oh well, all the better he didn't, though!
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

This is why, at the wholesale club, the laptops aren't secured with a cable, they're kept in place by a hardened plastic beam which is bolted securely to the shelf. Mind you, someone still managed to steal one.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
              X