This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy hell domestic violence

It's 9:45 AM and I've already witnessed three cases of domestic violence.

First one was on the train to Sandy to get my bus to Orem (God I hate my commute) a man pushed his wife down the stairs off the train at the Sandy Expo station because "damnit woman, you are always making people wait for you, hurry your ass up"

Second one was on the bus where this gentleman was berating his pregnant girlfriend for always insisting on taking the open seat and never letting him take a seat.

Third I only saw the after affects of, walking to class there is two cop cars the first one with a battered woman crying the second with a man shouting about how he should have killed her when he had a chance. The true irony of the last one is we were within eyesight of the sign that says "Welcome to Orem, a family values city"
    ... Family values indeed.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Ummm... wow.

I have to say, you were nicer than I would be. Both my mom and I were subjected to abuse with a spouse (not my mom's last husband or my current husband, my dad and my now ex. There's a reason they're "ex"), and I WILL NOT (I can't make the letters big enough to emphasize that) take it anymore, even if it means I get beat up trying to stop it.

If I saw that guy pushing his wife down the stairs, I'd have given HIM a shove and see how he likes it.

The guy about the seat on the bus, I'd have told him to go straight to hell, that she's pregnant and has the right to the seat and that if he can't be a man and deal with it, then maybe he needs a bottle and his banky.

Glad the cops were in on the final one.

I am a HUGE supporter of women and children in domestic abuse situations.

Comment

On the train they were at the opposite end of the train and were gone in less than a minute, I couldn't have made it to them if I had wanted to.

For on the bus, UTA has a strict zero tolerance policy for altercations, vigilantism is not tolerated (granted, that would apply on the train too), if it escalates to be physical, you are off the bus.
      Had we gotten off at the same stop and I was no longer under UTA jurisdiction, the story might have been different.

Comment

Sandy to Orem?
        All I have to say there is "yuck"
        But...wow...yeah.there's some serious asses in need of kicking there.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
          Sandy to Orem?
          All I have to say there is "yuck"
          no no no, it's worse than that...
          Sandy to Orem is just one leg, first I have to get from South Salt Lake to Sandy

Comment

It's all just disgusting. I'd say something, but it would be fratching.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Second one was on the bus where this gentleman was berating his pregnant girlfriend for always insisting on taking the open seat and never letting him take a seat.
              Yeah... those pregnant women are so lazy... you know sitting when their non-pregnant men have to suffer and stand.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                no no no, it's worse than that...
                Sandy to Orem is just one leg, first I have to get from South Salt Lake to Sandy
                How long is your commute then?
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

If the 817 is running it takes about an hour and five minutes, if I have to take the 811 it is an hour and 20 minutes.
                  Mondays and Wednesdays I can take the 817 to class, Tuesday and Thursday I have to take the 811 to class, Monday through Thursday I have to take the 811 home, and Friday and Saturday I don't have time to take the bus and have to eat the cost of driving to and from school (roughly $10 per roundtrip for gas and upkeep)... it's a 50 minute drive.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    If the 817 is running it takes about an hour and five minutes, if I have to take the 811 it is an hour and 20 minutes.
                    Mondays and Wednesdays I can take the 817 to class, Tuesday and Thursday I have to take the 811 to class, Monday through Thursday I have to take the 811 home, and Friday and Saturday I don't have time to take the bus and have to eat the cost of driving to and from school (roughly $10 per roundtrip for gas and upkeep)... it's a 50 minute drive.
                    Damn. I take a bus to and from work and it takes a max of 25 minutes, 15 on a good day.
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Wow...those are some really sad stories. I am depressed enough just hearing them, I'd have been a mess if I'd had to see them.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                        Wow...those are some really sad stories. I am depressed enough just hearing them, I'd have been a mess if I'd had to see them.
                        sadly, as a relay operator it doesn't phase me anymore... after all, I've before had to assist a deaf man abuse his child and his wife (actually this is a disturbingly frequent occurrence, maybe once or twice a month and with multiple users)... yeah, this is why I would suggest to anyone to NEVER work in the field, it desensitizes you to the world.

Comment

smiley, how do you keep from reporting them to the authorities?

Comment

Guess I'll be rethinking my (mostly deaf) friend's suggestion that I look into becoming a relay operator, then...
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                              Guess I'll be rethinking my (mostly deaf) friend's suggestion that I look into becoming a relay operator, then...
                              Personally, I'd say thats still a call center. Honestly, I don't want to do this again. Better to avoid the phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X