This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Moirae View Post
    smiley, how do you keep from reporting them to the authorities?
    if you are talking about on transit, what am I going to tell them, that I saw someone who I don't know and probably couldn't identify... yeah, they'll tell me to take a hike.

As far as for at work, legally I can't... it is illegal for a relay operator to report anything that occurs during the call unless it is fraud against us (basically, we have reason to believe the person either is not deaf or is deaf but is violating FCC policies)

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
    Guess I'll be rethinking my (mostly deaf) friend's suggestion that I look into becoming a relay operator, then...
    compared to other call centers I've worked at, it's a great gig...
    however, it takes a certain type of moral character to be able to do everything we are required to do and sleep at night, and I'm not sure that I have that character.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      however, it takes a certain type of moral character to be able to do everything we are required to do and sleep at night, and I'm not sure that I have that character.
      Sadly I think that goes for most call centers I am usually fine with what I have to do but every once in a while the policies just bug the hell out of me.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Sorry smiley, but we've had to remove too many posts from this thread because a few people couldn't keep the debating and contentiousness on Fratching.

Closed.
        Last edited by Dave1982; 10-27-2011, 05:23 PM. Reason: Typos
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
        X