Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it kill you to wait for two seconds?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HoppiLoco View Post
    but I guess theoretically shorter checkers might have trouble reaching into the baskets easily?
    The local Wally World has a checker who is a dwarf (is that the PC saying now?) and she has trouble getting to some things on the belt. I can't picture her being able to get to a basket.

Comment

My thing about hand carts... I don't mind if the customer doesn't empty it and I don't mind if the customer does. I do mind when the customer empties it by handing me each item one by one--instead of placing them on the freakin counter. Only because it takes longer...
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
        The local Wally World has a checker who is a dwarf (is that the PC saying now?)
        The PC saying is probably something dippy like "upward dimensionally disadvantaged" or "vertically impaired".

Fortunately, we're not PC around here. We're merely polite.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
          The local Wally World has a checker who is a dwarf (is that the PC saying now?)
          I think it's "little person" right now, but I can't keep track.

Comment

Dwarf is acceptable as the conditon they have is generically known as dwarfism, with several modifiers to identify the different types of dwarfism. Midget is generally considered to be an offensive term
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
            X