Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is paying for your shit a new concept to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is paying for your shit a new concept to you?

Normally I experience this suck to a lesser degree, today it went epic.

This twenty someting young girl happily waits while the clerk rings AND bags all her stuff. "$23.64", cue the deer in the headlights look, "how much?" "$23.64". Girl pats every pocket real and imagined on her and proceeds to squeeze two fingers in the 2 sizes too small pant and shirt physical pockets she locates.

"How much?" "$23.64" girl opens her big giant purse and opens all the pockets inside and I swear removes smaller purses from them and proceeeds to open them all. "How much?" "$23.64".

I guess the elusive WTF she was looking for was playing hide-n-seek since she repeated this process from beginning to end THREE additional times! Giving up and probably aware of the 'please drop dead' stares she was on the receiving end; pulls a credit card and pays, of course she asked "how much?" one more time for good luck I guess.

... must resist urge to toss watermelon at her ass.
    Last edited by Josh; 10-23-2011, 05:49 AM.
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

I guess she was expecting you to tell her, "You're so cute you get everything for free!"
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Wait, I think I saw this girl at Five Below last night, except she was cussing out the cashier because she'd gotten some things she thought were 3 for 5$ and they weren't, because SHE didn't read the sign!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
        Giving up and probably aware of the 'please drop dead' stares she was on the receiving end; pulls a credit card and pays, of course she asked "how much?" one more time for good luck I guess.
        "How much did I tell you it was the last five times you asked?! LISTEN!!!"

"Well, it was $23.64, but since you suck so much at listening and being prepared to pay, for you, it's $512.75."

Yes, I get these multiple "how much?" idiots too. What's the idea behind that? Do they honestly think making the cashier repeat herself is going to lower the price? All it does is hold up the line and tick everyone off.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Every time you ask the price, it will go up by $10. Now are you going to pay, or shall we take bets on how high it's going?"
          I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
            of course she asked "how much?" one more time for good luck I guess.
            At which point everyone on line behind her bellows in unison "TWENTY THREE DOLLARS AND SIXTY FOUR CENTS!!!"

Well, I would've, at least.

Comment

At least it wasn't three-fiddy.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Damn you Loch Ness Monster!
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  Wait, I think I saw this girl at Five Below last night, except she was cussing out the cashier because she'd gotten some things she thought were 3 for 5$ and they weren't, because SHE didn't read the sign!
                  I think I get several of her relatives coming to my till.

Me : And that's £xx.xx, please.
                  Cust : How much? *in incredulous tones*
                  Me : Let me just check that *goes back to previous screen, where every item is displayed* OK, that's £x.xx for the jeans, £x.xx for the sweater, two bath towels at £x.xx for two.... *and so on all through the list, everything has scanned correctly and the customer can see that*
                  Cust : Okaaaayyyyy...... *hands over payment reluctantly, still looking at the screen*
                  Me : That's £x.xx change and here's your receipt. Thank you very much!
                  Cust : *walks away slowly, scanning their receipt intently, still apparently unable to understand how their total went up every time they put something else in their basket*
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Damn you Loch Ness Monster!
                    I gave him a dollar

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

SC: "How much?"
                      J2K: "$23.64"
                      (rigamarole of searching pockets)
                      J2K: "$23.64"
                      (more searching)
                      J2K: "$32.50"
                      SC: "I thought it was $23.64!"
                      J2K: "Oh, good, you CAN hear me. Yes, $23.64."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Nah Jay more like this:

ME: "$23.64."
                        ME: "$33.64."
                        ME: "43.64."

Etc etc until SC wises up and pays--be it $23,64 or however high her bill was raised!
                        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                        X