This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Doctor Who costume just lost all of its "cool points"

I went to a convention this weekend and saw one of the girls in a pretty decent Amy Pond costume.

She had a red wig on - I think it was a wig. The hair color was a bit off, more orange than Amy's red but close enough. Her red sweater and black skirt really made her look the part.

Until she confessed to how she designed the outfit.

She got the sweater for 99 cents because she switched the tags. I mean ... seriously? Sure she acted a little like she was ashamed for it, but not so ashamed that she didn't brag about it to the whole room.

Hmm. yes. Stealing your costume. Always the mark of excellence.

Fake Amy Pond - you fail.

And hell, your female buddy, a fake Doctor 11, you also fail for going to the convention with her knowing she stole her costume.

I mean hell, EVERYONE else there bought, made, or was legitimately given their costumes. (The fake-jack leading the panel was pretty good, and had the *first* replica jacket to hit the US as a promotional gift from the BBC). No one else had to steal just to look like their favorite characters.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM.

How tragic. Simply tragic.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Even the real Doctor would have kicked that Amy's butt to the curb!

Comment

The real AMY would have kicked that Amy's butt to the curb! (Well, if there WAS a real Amy...you know.)
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Pitiful. Crap like that gives cosplayers a bad name. Says the lady who's slaving frantically over her own costume ATM!

Comment

Yunno, when I decided on my costume this year, I went out and picked up a couple odd jobs to earn the cash. And I still went over budget (stupid cape pattern requiring twice the fabric I thought it would...). I'm all for costuming for cheap, but only if it's legit. Not switching tags. If you can't afford it, you need to find a less expensive hobby.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
              The real AMY would have kicked that Amy's butt to the curb! (Well, if there WAS a real Amy...you know.)
              I don't know about the real Amy, but I'm sure Karen Gillan would have some choice words and/or kicks for her
              Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 10-31-2011, 07:38 PM. Reason: bad Whovian :(
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

*Gillan, not Gilligan.

I get the cash-in value for selling replicas of Jack's jacket, but it's a standard piece of RAF uniform, and not really hard to obtain - even in the show, remember that Gwen bought his last replacement at a surplus store.

Back to topic - I get wanting to "save money" but to steal & then brag about it?! I guess she was lucky there weren't any members of law enforcement in attendance!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                X