This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom IS proud of me.

My cousin and I were at a walgreens shopping the other day, and anyone who has shopped there knows they generally have the main register in the front and an island register next to it.
    Well we were waiting on line to pay at the main register because no one was ringing at the island one, when my cousin asked me about the display of lollipops on the second register and I stepped over to take a look.
    A girl comes over at that point and opens the second register and calls for the next person. Since I was standing there I put my things down on the counter when the lady who was next in line at the first register speaks up.

Bitchy Lady: "Well actually I was next but ok" her voice dripping with sarcasm

Me: "Oh I'm sorry" I begin to pick up my things and go to step back from the counter

Bitch: "No, you go" At this point she is actively holding up the other line to stand there and yell at me

Me: "Are you sure?"
    The bitch glares and turns her back on me and the girl behind the register is practically begging me with her eyes not to start anything so I put my things back down and as I'm paying the bitch storms up to me clutching her bag to her chest, and gets in my face

Bitch: "I BET YOUR MOTHER IS PROUD OF YOU!" and storms off

When my mother heard the story she assured me that she is in fact proud of me.

Sheesh, you'd think if she was that upset about being cut off in line, she wouldn't HOLD UP THE LINE. It's not like you didn't offer to let her ahead. Sounds like she just wanted something to be a bitch about.

Comment

Bebl, that last line of your post made me . I'm proud of you, too.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

wait... she was bitching because... you took her spot supposedly
        and then you offered to let her go...

sounds like she was more pissed off by the fact that you took away her excuse to be a bitch.

Comment

Oh, I've gotten those at Walgreens. I've picked my stuff up and moved out of the way, because it's better to just let the EWs go ahead than deal with their tantrums. They've done the "No, you go" game many a time. I remember a few years back...

Bitchy Lady: No, no you go. After all it's your turn.
          Me: Okay. *starts to put my stuff back down*
          BL: *grumbles and carries on to the people behind her*
          Me: Look, if you want to go ahead of me, then go. But I'm telling you now, if you start carrying on again, I'm not moving out of the way and you can deal with it.

BL gave me a glare and I met it with mine. She looked away and didn't say a word for the rest of my transaction. I'm sure she wanted to say something to me as I was leaving, but she kept her mouth shut as I was leaving and gave her one last glare.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

My bet is she expected you to get sarcastic and hot-tempered at her, so she'd have a reason to move you out of the way. Instead you apologized and offered to have her go ahead. No doubt your kindness pissed her off more.

So bravo my friend.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Sounds like a bit of a martyr complex. If she lets you go, she gets to continue complaining about how you cut in front of her and be the victim. If she accepts your apology and goes first, she's no longer the wronged party and can't play you up to be the big bad line-cutter, and can't get others' sympathy.

In short, she's a brat.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Sounded like she was trying to pick a fight and play victim...and lost. And yes, I'm proud of you too!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  Sounds like a bit of a martyr complex. If she lets you go, she gets to continue complaining about how you cut in front of her and be the victim. If she accepts your apology and goes first, she's no longer the wronged party and can't play you up to be the big bad line-cutter, and can't get others' sympathy.

In short, she's a brat.
                  Dingdingding! We have a winner!!

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post

In short, she's a brat.
                    My mom used to play the martyr-- not in public, but at home. Used to make me feel horrible until I found out what she was doing. To her credit, she's stopped doing it as much as she used to, after I called her on it.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                    X