This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Dinner Convo, Guy....

So, it's Kabe's and mine's dating anniversary this weekend, and he finally got paid, so we were able to go out. Yay hibachi!

So we try this place down the road. Looks busy, but we get seated immediately. Now, I'm sure everybody's pretty familiar with hibachi restaurants, but for those who aren't, you're seated around the hibachi grill with other patrons. In our case, we were seated across from two other guys, one presumably an American, the other Chinese. Yes, race is relevant.

Well, we were the only four there, so it was hard not to hear part of their conversation as the American was fairly loud. The Chinese guy, who through the course of their discussion I found to be teaching at a local college, was very patient considering the topics.

All of these were brought up by the American (who seems to have been the guest of the Chinese guy):

The Cultural Revolution
    Why China is aggressive against other Asian nations
    If there was a shortage of women due to abortions of females
    Communism in China
    If Russia influenced China at all
    How often the guy goes home

And before anyone asks, they only had two beers each. So I don't think drunk covers the major faux pas here. But between that conversation, the birthday party/homecoming/fake prom teenage group that came in, and the lack of showmanship from the chef...we got out of there quickly.
    My NaNo page

My author blog
Working...
X