This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sighting: Halloween SC'S

To avoid trreadjacking maskedpuppy's Halloween thread, I present my own SC behavior for your amusement/cringing.

I was around 9-10, and we had a large group of kids going around the various streets around our neighborhood. Our chaperone happened to be the older sister of a few of the kids, so we were safe. (Yes, I'm THAT old.)

*Random BG: In PR the houses have open porches and no central AC at the time, so it was hard to not hear what happened in the street.

So we get to a house where an older gentleman is reading the paper. We dutifully repeat "Trick or treat!" several times before he deigns to give us his attention. He snarls "I have no candy!" and turned back to his newspaper.

At this point we're all standing there stunned, until OS tells us, "Step on his flowers!" So in our infinite childish revenge mood, we rushed to his flowerbed and stomped on his flowers. Then we all ran off. The guy never said anything to us, he kinda glared at us while we squished his flowers.

So yeah. I'm guilty of flowercide.

but you were also only 9 and the "adult" of your group pretty much gave the ok. As much as it pains me to see harmless flowers die, I think youre forgiven.

Comment

You DID give him a choice. He opted against choice #2, so clearly he wanted a trick!

... Sorry, I think SC logic has infected me...

Comment

I see two sides of suck. Yeah, it was sucky to crush his flowers. But the guy didn't have to be a dick about it, first ignoring you and then rudely snarling. If you don't have candy, put a polite sign out indicating so, and you will be left alone.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X