Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let my thundering chariot's roar tell you to hurry up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let my thundering chariot's roar tell you to hurry up.

So the other night, got off work, wanted some food 'cus i was hungry (ah four and a half hour shifts.) so i went to a nearby whataburger, and pulled in behind an older gentleman in a white truck. Who takes awhile, but i'm pretty sure it's more of them being super busy. I just wait, order when i get there, and set about waiting for the line to move.

Cut forward about twenty minutes, now that older gentleman is at the window, and the guy's order has been taking awhile to come out when a black truck directly behind me decided he had enough, honked once, and then...

VNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    VNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    VNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

He started revving his car up as loudly as he could, multiple times, occasionally hopping forward a hair and hopping back. This occurred for the duration of the guy in front of me getting his food, and leaving in the middle of the guy behind me revving his truck. thankfully, he at least had the sense to not release the gas on his thundering chariot, lest he smash into me causing a very angry mars, also thankfully he had the sense to not do that while i was at the window, but i got my food within a few minutes (I'm pretty sure they got behind when working on the white truck's order, which i've noticed happens a bit during busy times. You have an order that takes awhile, and then after that the next 3 - 5 orders are fairly quick, then another order that takes awhile...)

but really dood, using your malehood extender to loudly proclaim your impatience at the wait is not cool.

...because revving your engine at another customer is TOTALLY going to remind the employees that you are "special" and deserve to get your food faster....sheesh

Comment

Or possibly to encourage Mars to get out of the lineup because the guy with the malehood extender is SO much more special and besides he neeeeeeds his food NOOOOWWWW ...

Comment

I would have just turned off my car & just sat there till "Mr. Rev on the red line" got the hint...lol.

Comment

I think it was IPF that said "HEY REV LOUDER I CAN'T HEAR HOW SMALL YOUR DICK IS!" I use that so often IRL, you have no idea...
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
            I think it was IPF that said "HEY REV LOUDER I CAN'T HEAR HOW SMALL YOUR DICK IS!" I use that so often IRL, you have no idea...
            I think it was an Irv quote . . . I use that one all the time now.

My mom gets tickled every time I holler it at some moron driver who goes by.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I saw that at my local Starbucks drive thru, where the person in a manhood replacement large truck honked because there was a minivan a couple cars ahead of me that had a large order. If that person really wanted coffee that bad, they really should have gone inside.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                Nope, not me. I think that was Jay2Winger.

Although I wish it was me.

I've been using it too. I was tempted to holler that at some fuckhead parking his truck across 4 spaces at the Grocery Store of Awesome.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Project_Mars View Post
                  Cut forward about twenty minutes, now that older gentleman is at the window, and the guy's order has been taking awhile to come out when a black truck directly behind me decided he had enough, honked once, and then...
                  ...and I'll bet it was some shitbox truck too. Locally, when truck owners rev their engines like that, it's always some beat-up Chevy or Ford that should have been put out to pasture years ago. Bonus points if said truck is covered in primer and/or duct take, the exhaust (if it even has one!) is held on with a coat hanger, and the bed sides flap in the breeze at highway speeds I'm just waiting for one of those fools to start revving their engine...and sling a piston into orbit
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Around here, those sorts of trucks are up on lift kits and big tires, y'know, to look tougher. Right. Still not gonna get me to move out of the way, asshole. Keep revving...Maybe your engine will blow up on you in the drive thru line. Karma doesn't like assholes, after all.
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                      Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Although I wish it was me.

I've been using it too. I was tempted to holler that at some fuckhead parking his truck across 4 spaces at the Grocery Store of Awesome.
                      Irv is correct, it was me.

Here's the thread where I spawned that phrase.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        I'm just waiting for one of those fools to start revving their engine...and sling a piston into orbit
                        It has happened. In one posting on this forum there was a report of an SC expressing his anger by revving up his engine and it blew up.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

VNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
                          When i was standing gate-guard duty once, one of the other guards related to me what had happened to him one night. Some higher ranked idiot in a truck decided to rev the truck and lurch it at the gate to get the guard's attention.

It worked... kinda. If you consider having an armed guard drawing down on you as successfully getting his attention.

rev idiot should keep stuff like that mind if he tries threatening people with his car. if he does it wrong it can be taken as an attack

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            rev idiot should keep stuff like that mind if he tries threatening people with his car. if he does it wrong it can be taken as an attack
                            I fixed that typo for you.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Indeed, it was this demigod who graced this board with that bit of wisdom, of which we are not worthy.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X