This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that your real name?

Although this happened at work I never saw it and only heard what my coworker told me.

Apparently someone turned in a cell phone for service but... when it came to the name on the account they turned it in under the full name (middle included) of a sitcom character. And I don't just mean a "John Smith" kind of name but something DISTINCTIVE.

I had to laugh cos the character in question is very funny but I also have to wonder...

What happens if the customer doesn't have her paperwork when she comes to pick it up? Unless she legally changed her name to the character's name ... the ID card we have to check won't match.

still... it was pretty funny.

I can't tell you how many patients I've had whose names match those of real celebrities.

So . . . she just might
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I've had lots of guests who shared names with celebrities, and some whose parents had a cruel sense of humor. ("Plymouth Rock". No, seriously.) So it's entirely possible.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Probably belongs to the Winchester boys.

They'll have ID.

And some cranky old dude on a hotline willing to lie for them.

Comment

RecoveringKinkoid - you made me choke, you idjit!

Comment

RK, you are my new hero!
            Ot but damn I love those boys. And Bobby too. I have Dean to thank for my recently (a few years ago) acquired love of classic rock (the chorus of 'Eye of the Tiger' is my general ringtone :P ).
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
              RK, you are my new hero!
              Ot but damn I love those boys. And Bobby too. I have Dean to thank for my recently (a few years ago) acquired love of classic rock (the chorus of 'Eye of the Tiger' is my general ringtone :P ).
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3G5Qj_Lo8

I've had a wee bit of a crush on Jensen Ackles ever since he was on "Days of Our Lives". My favorite though, is Castiel.
              Last edited by Pagan; 11-19-2011, 07:43 PM.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3G5Qj_Lo8

I've had a wee bit of a crush on Jensen Ackles ever since he was on "Days of Our Lives". My favorite though, is Castiel.
                Oh I know Pagan! That clip is the whole reason I love the song!

And yeah, Castiel is... *swoons speechlessly*
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                  And yeah, Castiel is... *swoons speechlessly*
                  I just want to know when he's coming back! And Misha Collins' tweets are hilarious!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The episode "Weekend at Bobby's" is one of my absolute favorites.

Oh, yes, Misha Collins, yum.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Everyone loves Bobby! I just feel sorry for the real Robert Singer. Imagine giving your name to what was supposed to be a one-off only to have the fans demand more. :-D

Comment

Heh.

o yeah famous names are funny like that... like how I was sworn in by Michael Jackson. Only he looked more like Dustin Hoffman. I wonder if he hated his parents for that.

But in this case... eh. I won't use the customer's name just in case it is her real name but... it was like having a customer named Kumar Patel or Isabella Swan-Cullen.... something from recent fiction and unique enough that you instantly think of the character.

although it is possible. after episode 1 came out people changed their names to Obi Wan after all. Perhaps the customer was... a big fan lol

Comment

My stepson told us today that his dentist's name is Ronald Reagan.
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I've taken an English class from William Shakespeare (descended from one of the Bard's cousins), my roommate's academic advisor was David Bowie, and a woman in my church is named Elizabeth Taylor (married name). My own married surname is Wallace, so Hubby and I have mutually agreed never to name any of our children William.

Oh, and some friends of ours had neighbors at one point who named their newborn son Kal-El. Go figure.
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

One of my buddies growing up (5-8.5) is named Chip.

---- Dale
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X