X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rahmota View Post
    But thats ok my wife likes my pickle.
    *Titter*

Erm, was that meant to be a double entendre? Because if it was, it was a good one.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I'm picky too. At McD's I always get a hamburger (sometimes 2) and fries (I don't go there often so it's all good). I eat around the pickle and save it for last. I love pickles! Also, it's the only time I actually like mustard. (Other than honey mustard dressing and then only if it's good.)

(to borrow Blaquekatt's style)

-ams- who, as a child, was known to her mother as "Picklepuss"
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
        Erm, was that meant to be a double entendre? Because if it was, it was a good one.
        I'm surprised you didn't come out with "Give them the pickle".

Rapscallion

Comment

Yeah I couldn't resist a setup like that.

One day we was sitting in BK and she got this teenager in the booth behind us and me busting a gut laughing. She said in a deep sexy phone operator voice (She has been told she could be one before) "OH I want your pickle!" as I was unwrapping my sandwich. Oh my wife can be soooo naughty.

Comment

Hahahaha rahmota......

I'm an oddball in the fact that I hate sliced pickles from fast food joints, but I love Dills and stuff that come in jars at the grocery store.

Me and one my of my boytoys were eating pickles one night, and I told him I wanted all the big, wide, juicy pickles. LOL.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              I'm an oddball in the fact that I hate sliced pickles from fast food joints, but I love Dills and stuff that come in jars at the grocery store.
              Not odd at all. I LOVE dill pickles. Can't stand em on my sandwiches though.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Looking back, was what I did (Call that Jack in the box) sucky?

Comment

Quoth Knifeman View Post
                  Looking back, was what I did (Call that Jack in the box) sucky?
                  Not as long as you were polite about it.

Comment

I wasn't cursing nor did I demand for compensation(nor did they offer any of any sort)

All I told them was their foul-ups were too frequent and too blatant that I felt no need to return to that location again, and that the shift leader and/or manager should look into how that specific afternoon shift functions and fix whatever problems they had.

The manager on the phone brushed off my complaint with a 'Whatever'.

Comment

Quoth Knifeman View Post
                      I wasn't cursing nor did I demand for compensation(nor did they offer any of any sort)

All I told them was their foul-ups were too frequent and too blatant that I felt no need to return to that location again, and that the shift leader and/or manager should look into how that specific afternoon shift functions and fix whatever problems they had.

The manager on the phone brushed off my complaint with a 'Whatever'.
                      Sounds like a reasonable way to approach it. Verdict: Not Sucky. If the manager doesn't care, so be it. They suck. They should at least pretend to care while they are talking to you. Of course if they get enough complaints they'll have to start caring.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        Who is honestly that fricken stupid?! No way am I the only person on earth who wants a plain cheeseburger.
                        I don't know how bit their territory is but if they have them where you are go to Jack-in-the-Box and get their ultimate cheeseburger. It's just meat and cheese.
                        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Be sure it's a good jack in the box though.

Some I've noted will puyt mustard, mayo, and ketchup on even an ultimate cheeseburger or bacon cheeseburger(which is why I order them plain).

good jack in the Boxes make it right(there's three current good ones where I live, one bad one which I detailed earlier).

Comment

Quoth yendorII View Post

DISCLAIMER: I was a complete ass at the end of this story. You can judge for yourself whether or not it was warranted.
                            Ummmm, no. You weren't being as ass. You weren't being cruel. As far as I can tell from your post, you didn't yell, or raise your voice, and the way you worded what you said, to me, was simply constructive advice and not snarky at all. You had the very bad luck to encounter what a lot of people encounter these days and you voiced your opinion on it, basing your opinion, logically, on how the manager's poor English negatively affected your order. What in the world is wrong with that? There seems to be a new tendency in the culture for people to try to bend over backwards in an effort not to hurt others' feelings - even at the expense of just plain common sense! I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I do my best to keep my tongue in place, just like you. But everyone has a limit to how much nonsense they should be willing to endure.

And while I can appreciate how hard it is for someone to learn English as a second language (in one of my last jobs I encountered plenty of "international students" and I watched them struggle through it), what we are talking about is why you said what you said. It wasn't to help that manager get a better command of the English language - that's not your responsibility and you are not obliged by either politeness or civility to even try (and sure, it'd nice and all if you want to, but this is a free country last time I checked and that's still up to you). You said what you said so that hopefully they would correct the situation and put someone in the drive-thru who would be able to understand what you wanted.

Don't feel bad about what you did. You were totally justified and I definitely don't think you should have been hassled over this.

I'm glad for you that you spoke up.

You didn't ask for the world; you asked for a simple order to come back to you the way that you wanted it.
                            Last edited by HowMayIHelpMe?; 03-04-2007, 02:36 PM.
                            Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                            mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you, HowMayIHelpMe? I was hoping that I would receive more responses like yours. I put the statement that I was an ass in the OP because I knew some people would think that I was but I had hoped most would see the reason behind it.

Comment

is the McDonald's menu different in each state by any chance?
                                Not by state. There's one two miles from where I work where almost all the numbers are different.

I'd just like to say that as a burger-flipper, I screw up no more than one in every two hundred orders, (I keep track of these things.) I'm very diligent about the presence and absence of cheese, and I see to it that the plain-burger-people get their plain burgers.
                                That's very good! But from your other posts, you seem to work in a place where very few people handle any one order. Depending on the time of day, we may have one person take the order, as many as three assembling the one sandwich, another bagging... assuming each only makes one mistake in 200, we're now down to 1 in 40. Not allowing for special orders involving cooking meat differently, unsalted fries, or the possibilities of grabbing the wrong drink or bag.

It's kind of funny, it's listed on the menu as "Quarter Pounder with Cheese." So what I'm really ordering is a "Quarter Pounder with Cheese without cheese.
                                This gets to be a big problem. Originally, you may remember, there was the Quarter Pounder (a larger version of the regular hamburger) and the Quarter Pounder With Cheese (a larger version of a regular cheeseburger). But hardly anyone ordered it without cheese. So now, and for many years now, the only one on the menu is "with cheese". Naturally, many people just say "Quarter Pounder" wanting the one with cheese which, again, is the only one on the menu. And most who don't want cheese will say to leave it off. But one in, oh, about 80 of the ones who just say "Quarter Pounder" expect us to know that, since they didn't say "with cheese" they want it without. And will throw large fits upon receiving cheese, especially if we have the gall to ask them please to let us know next time if they want it left off. I had one who didn't mention until we were making their sandwich for the *third* time that they wanted the cheese left off, and did so by picking it off the second burger and slopping it down on the counter. And, naturally, called later to complain about how rude it was for me to ask that he please not do that.
                                Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X