This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth morwynskya View Post
    The hubs and I were talking about this whole Black Friday super-hype thing just last night (after seeing the horrific Kohl's ad) - he wondered why exactly there were news stories (as opposed to adverts) about Black Friday so far ahead of the actual shopping date. I contend it's on a par with whipping crowds into a frenzy before sporting events - everyone's blood lust gets up in anticipation of the wrecks/deaths/overturned cars/stomped shoppers. Bread and circuses.
    I've been seeing a lot of stories about the back-lash that's started, too.

I will be out shopping Friday, but I'm going to be in Santa Fe, down around the Plaza. And I don't think that any of those stores are opening early. I can't imagine they will be, anyway.

Also, since we're not coming back to ABQ until Sunday, I'll be participating in "Small Business Saturday".
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Good night...I feel sorry for anyone who works at Toys r Us. 9 pm on Thanksgiving night?? That...is just wrong.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Personally I'm amazed Kohls hasn't pulled this ad yet. I can't image anyone coming away from it with a positive impression of the company.

There's only been one black friday ad I've seen that I liked, and that's one we're running in-store:

*Store clerk scanning in items on a shelf with a scanner gun. A customer comes up behind him.*
        Customer: *whispering* You know why they call it black friday?
        Worker: *pauses with a confused expression*
        Customer: *still whispering* Because I'm a sale ninja. *runs off*
        *beat*
        Worker: ...oookay. *resumes scanning*
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

My 5 year old daughter thinks the Target lady is crazy. I hate their ad most because of the screaming... :S I HATE screaming without valid reason. But the Kohl's ad is barely a step below.
          Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
            The T-Mobile 4G commercial? Listening to it, I swear they say "Orgy".
            I always hear it the same way....

Yesterday a coworker was telling us how she would like to trade shifts with someone and get Black Friday off because she's never been able to participate. We tried to tell her she'd be sorry, but she was having none of it. Oh well, I guess it's something to experience once in life...kinda like me wanting to go to Times Square for New Year's Eve one day.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I just saw the Kohls commercial. It is as horrid as everyone said it was.

Not only a terrible song, but if that realy was Black Friday in the store, there would be a great deal more customers, and probably not that calm!
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

if that realy was Black Friday in the store, there would be a great deal more customers, and probably not that calm!
                ...and the second she snagged an item from another customer's cart, she'd probably get an elbow to the face! (not that I would do that...ever...honest....)

My family went shopping Black Friday when I was a kid, but I seem to recall us getting to the mall at like 6 am for the "door buster" sales...these days, everything would be gone by then! My GM is opening BF b/c she says she'll be up shopping by midnight anyway...might as well go straight in to work at 2:30. Better her than me! If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't leave the house all weekend. I just saw the schedule yesterday and am rather ticked that one of the other managers is off Thursday and Friday...the same one who left 6 hours early on Easter because we got tired of hearing her whine about how long a drive it was to visit her family. Quill is not happy

Comment

Wow. Didn't think it was possible, but I just saw a commercial that was almost more annoying than the Kohl's one. T'was a Macy's one that featured Justice Beaver and grown men shrieking like 5-year-old girls.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    [Propofol is] only used, really, in hospital settings. Usually for the induction and maintenance of general anesthesia.
                    Sometimes in outpatient settings as well. Had an endoscopy a few months ago, and they used propofol to knock me out before the procedure, but it was an actual anesthesiologist who gave me the stuff.

(Am I admitting my age if I still think of it as Diprivan®?)

Comment

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
                      (The T-Mobile 4G commercial? Listening to it, I swear they say "Orgy").
                      I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who hears that

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

[QUOTE=CalyCoRose; (The T-Mobile 4G commercial? Listening to it, I swear they say "Orgy").[/QUOTE]

Me too! I think I spit out my beer the first time I heard it!
                        Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Working...
                        X