Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.o dude chill out, it's just a lane...

So I went to the new swimming pool that's opened up near home. Great facilities and the staff are friendly. And here comes the massive-ass background:

The area is divided into two: there's 3 pools set aside for people to muck around in (and for the aqua-aerobics classes and whatnot to go on), one of which is strictly a kids pool, one which is used for swimming lessons and another for everyone's use. Then there's the water polo, diving and competition/lap pools in another area. The water polo pool is also used for lap swimming. Everytime I've been down there in the past week or so, they have divided the general leisure pool into three: one area for free swimmers, one area for lane swimmers and the area for the classes.

OK, that's the background. Here's the sightings and the suck:

-A group of teenage boys were mucking around the water polo pool, generally jumping off the edge and cannonballing into the water (not a problem in itself, the pool is 3m deep). They understood common courtesy in watching out for me while they jumped. They earned a negative point however later on, when they tried to use the sauna. Not only did they look underage to boot, but they didn't have wristbands. Three of them were caught and ejected. (if you use the sauna you get a wristband, if you came just to swim, you don't get a wristband)

-This one came from this morning. Two ladies were splitting the lane in the leisure pool while a class went on (it looked like they were alternating between full-on strokes and aqua-jogging, so it'd be say 4-5 laps full strokes, jog back, 4-5 laps, repeat ad nauseum). Guy comes up and rudely snaps at the ladies to move. Ladies refuse to move since the guy's being rude. Lifeguard intervenes. Guy calls the lifeguard pathetic and storms off. Lifeguard explains to the ladies about circuit swimming, but also adds that they do have the right to common courtesy.

-A friendly note to the lifeguards regarding the school programs: PLEASE inform us WELL beforehand if the kids are going to be using a particular area! There was a lot of confusion when the instructors were putting tubes and other equipment around near the leisure pool.

-Parents, there is an area outside for you to change your kids bum. It's nice and stone and a lot more comfortable for your kid's bum. WHY do you feel the need to change it in the women's showers?! (there's a family change area)

-Do not harass the lifeguards about why the waterslides aren't open. It says on the board when you enter and on their website: Waterslides are only open on the WEEKENDS and SCHOOL HOLIDAYS. Today is Monday. It is also school term.

-Attention people: On the door outside the sauna and steam rooms, it says "Swimwear only." I had one guy almost drop trou in the sauna.

-More of a gripe with the centre itself than the people: the locker system is absolutely frickn retarded. It's coin-operated, which isn't a problem in itself, but the way it works IS. Basically, it costs to "lock"the locker. So annoying.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I'm not sure the issue with your last complaint. How else should a coin-locker work? Pay to lock it, use the key that releases when you lock it to get it unlocked. That's how any coin-locker I've seen has worked.

If they have it cost to unlock the locker, and free to lock it, then they'd have trouble with kids (or grown-ups) locking empty lockers or people accidentally locking their stuff inside when they have no money to get it out.

Comment

The coin you put in the locker is basically a deposit. Bring the key back and get your stuff, you get your dollar back. That's how they all work around here. Shopping carts too, at the budget grocery stores.

Comment

Working...
      X