This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
    The one space down is the worst because... Yano... They had to actually BEND OVER to put it in the wrong spot.
    Time/space field warp... Gravity fluctuation... "I canna lift her, Kepten!"
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My favorite lazy cart bitch was the woman, parked next to the cart return who moved to the other side of her car, and abandoned her card in the space next to the handicapped space, and then walked back to the side of the car with the cart return to get into her car. >_<

Needless to say, I let her know precisely what I thought of that. And she then spent the time it took me to get into the store yelling shit at me. And I spent that time laughing at her.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I left my cart out of the corral this weekend. So... *guilt*

It wasn't that far from the corral, three or four spaces maybe?

I am 37 weeks pregant(9months, aka full term), and I was shopping for Thanksgiving. Saturday, and it was PACKED. I had about 60-70% of my shopping done, when I just.. couldn't anymore. I wanted to walk out of the store then, just leave my cart full in the store and go home. Or even just nap in the car. It took all my mental reserves to get through checkout. Our baggers will often offer to take your bags to your car and load them for you. I usually decline, because I am capable. This time I was going to take it(and tip well)... but it was so busy, they were not running out to cars(I do understand, but the one time I needed it... lol). So I get to my car(on the far end of the parking lot) and loaded it... and left the cart. I am the person who will take my cart back to the store, not just the coral(I can use the extra walking, and it's kind). So I am feeling massive guilt over leaving a stupid cart. Because I am pregnant and I hit a wall while shopping.

Anyways, that's my thing.
        Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Don't feel too bad Nayeli. You had a couple of good reasons to leave it. It wasn't laziness on your part. I know what it's like to "hit the wall", that's happened to me once in a while. No need to feel guilty.

Comment

I was driving through the carpark of our local shopping centre when I saw an empty space right beside the trolley bay. I went to turn in to it when I noticed that the space wasn't as empty as I thought. There was four trolleys pushed together in the space, instead of in the half empty trolley bay half a metre to the left. Then I watched a woman push a fifth trolley into the group. I just looked at her and pointed to the half empty bay. She looked at the bay, then back at her trolley, then back at the bay, then me, then continued to her car leaving her trolley where it was. My brother was swearing up a storm beside me, and he got out and pushed the trolleys back in to the trolley bay.

I could understand if the trolley bay was full, but it wasn't. There was plenty of room in the trolley bay for those four trolleys. Also, the fact that they were neatly pushed together rather than haphazardly left was just....

Comment

See, that pisses me off more than anything. Because it means that not only are a group of people trifling, they are mindless sheep on top of it.

At least the asshole going out of his way to leave a cart behind a parked car is THINKING. He's thinking something wrong and stupid and messed up, but at least there is something going on in his sawdust filled head other than a test tone.

No, people who leave carts in places that are not cart corrals because "someone else has done it first" are the ones that truly scare me. Those people are mindless drones who will do anything without thinking about it.

Stupid people are far and away more dangerous than evil people.

Comment

My boyfriend left a cart in a non-cart place last night.

The store we were at has a badly designed and cramped lot and the only corral is on the far side of the store away from most of the parking. So he parked the cart against the building at the near corner, out of the way of traffic. Someone had grabbed it on their way in before he got back to the car. It's just easier to grab an abandoned cart than to walk past the entrance to get a cart from the corral; we'd grabbed it from an empty parking space when we arrived.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Having done cart retrieval work, I can say that kind of thing isn't uncommon.

What IS uncommon is that it's the only one out place. As in, there aren't dozens of others out of place with it.

Agreed with whomever said it that it's in time-out. Those carts are shifty devils.

Next thing you'll know, they'll box us in.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

If I don't want to bother returning a cart, I leave it with the others at the front of the store before I go. If I have too much stuff to do that, then I suck it up and use it and put it away. Even when it's -20 outside.

It must be really bad, because every time I go to Wal-Mart, the cart boy thanks me for putting it where it belongs. Sad.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      I see that all the time. And that's not counting all the carts that end up in empty lots, on front lawns, in backyards, in bus shelters...
                      Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      There is one thing I've learned from shopping... the laziness of some people know NO bounds.
                      Ditto both of these. I see carts left all over the place (including well away from the store, as MoonCat mentions), and yeah, you've got to wonder what's wrong with people that they can't walk ten frickin' feet to put the cart somewhere sensible.

Somebody posted here that she is pregnant and just ran out of energy, so left the cart somewhere other than the cart collection area. Fair enough. Some people are also ill or elderly (as in *really* elderly and not up to a lot of walking) or have mobility issues and to get to their car is about all they can manage.

But some people are just bloody inconsiderate and lazy.

Comment

I looked at that picture a good 20 seconds, trying to figure out what the deal was, as in I didn't get why you posted it. Then I read the comments, and it took me a bit to figure it out. Now, why didn't I get it? Because I see carts all over the place, all the time, in our parking lot. It's just normal. I've done carts. It's easier for me to round them up if they're outside the corrals. Trying to pull them backwards out the corrals puts stress on my back.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I wasn't so flabbergasted that the cart was not in the corral. I was flabbergasted that someone could not walk literally two steps over and put it away. The proximity to the corral is what blew my mind.

It's like seeing a piece of trash on top of a trash can but not in.

Comment

Wait until you see the shopping trolleys consumers use as a waste bin for dirty diapers and trash. To be precise, the bagged up trash from their own cars they haven't cleaned in years. It'll make you sick . . . that consumers are even allowed in stores, that is.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                              Wait until you see the shopping trolleys consumers use as a waste bin for dirty diapers and trash. To be precise, the bagged up trash from their own cars they haven't cleaned in years. It'll make you sick . . . that consumers are even allowed in stores, that is.
                              You ... just had to remind me of it, didn't you?

Hoss and I hated having to clear the trash out of the carts sometimes. Especially if it was something disgusting. (And yes, we did have the used diapers once or twice.)
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I hit a tiny grocery in a...slightly unsavory...area recently that has apparently given up on the whole "it is illegal to remove carts" thing...

Their Carts sign says, in effect, "We can't stop you from stealing our carts, but it's not our fault if your car is damaged by our carts, whether it's on our property or not!"
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X