This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silence that kid already!

I'm not sure exactly which apartment it is, but there's a child that is ALWAYS screaming. It's apparent he's neglected or possibly abused as the parents make no attempt to silence the child(he sounds like a toddler) and he's unhappy. We call him "screaming kid" in my apartment and it is driving me nuts how much I have to listen to his constant screaming..

How long has it been going on? It isn't necessarily neglect, maybe he's got an ear infection or something. Sometimes you just can't shut them up. But if it's been weeks rather than days there may be a problem.

Comment

If its a baby he might be suffering from colic. In that case there is little parents can do. This can go on for months. If you think its bad imagine being in the same room with a baby that will not stop screaming no matter what you do. It's no fun at all.

Comment

if you suspect neglect there's always CPS

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
          I'm not sure exactly which apartment it is, but there's a child that is ALWAYS screaming. It's apparent he's neglected or possibly abused as the parents make no attempt to silence the child(he sounds like a toddler) and he's unhappy. We call him "screaming kid" in my apartment and it is driving me nuts how much I have to listen to his constant screaming..
          You've got one of those, too? I thought it was colic until I saw the kid. Way too old.

I'd call CYFD, but from the looks of him, he's not actually neglected or abused. I think it's rather that the parents are of the "let him cry it out" school, regardless of if it annoys the neighbors. And hearing dad yelling at the football on the tv (makes me embarrassed to be a Saints fan), I think the kid might just take after him....
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

we had one of those at our old apartment buildings, too. Turns out the kid was just a colossal brat.
            "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

If it's been ongoing, I would call the police. They can get entry to the apartment, and get CPS out if there's a problem.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I called police yesterday, they came out and said without an apartment number there's not much they can do. So when he started up again my bf went and found the apartment. I'm going to wait till he starts up again and call them again, with the apartment number.

*edit*
                My best friend suggested I call CPS. I just got off the phone with them. They say since I haven't actually seen the kid and can't tell them if there's any marks, what his race/age is, etc. Its best to call the police when he starts up again. I so will.
                Last edited by Akasa; 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X