This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where'd you get that?!"

Today on my lunch break I stopped in at a new Hugeass Supermarket that opened up a couple of weeks ago. I found a sandwich and a small popcorn chicken at the hot food counter and went up front to pay.

Just as I am approaching the express lane with my food and drink, I saw an employee exit the express line and wander off, so I took his place in line.

(Hey, fair is fair, though if he'd come right back I would have given him his place back).

A second later I hear him shout "Hey!" at me.

Oh great.....he's going to get pissy because I took his spot in line....

Sucky Employee (in condescending, accusatory tone): Where'd you get that?

Me: Get what?

SE: (that same accusatory tone) That popcorn chicken!

Me:.....at the deli, at the hot bar....

SE: Oh *walks away*

Asshole.....there's better ways to ask these things.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

He works there & didn't know? I would have asked him..."Well, you work here, why don't you know?"

Comment

You could have shouted back "YOU'RE LOOKING FOR WHAT? FEMINE HYGIENE PRODUCT?!!"

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        A second later I hear him shout "Hey!" at me.
        Listen! Hey! Listen!
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'm not sure which is worse -- when they yell "Hey!" sharply like what you described, or when someone wants to get your attention but has no idea what your name is, and starts shouting random names at you hoping to guess the right one.

That last one only happened to me once, but it was quite unnerving. Ironically, he didn't try one of the most common male names, which mine happens to be.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I'm not sure who to swat first - Sheldon or Hero...

To be... A TINY bit fair... We carry Solo Cups at Red Vest.... I only fully actually FOUND them about a week ago, after asking about 6-20 customers "Wow, we carry those? What aisle did you find them on?" So it's very easy for an employee to not know their store carries something, or even where it is.

Doesn't excuse his way of getting your attention, though.
            Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              I'm not sure which is worse -- when they yell "Hey!" sharply like what you described, or when someone wants to get your attention but has no idea what your name is, and starts shouting random names at you hoping to guess the right one.
              p...people do this? for reals?

I should do this sometime. "Hey! Marty! Jackson! Percival! Roger! Hunter! Chad! Chad! It's Chad, right?!"

And watch them as they ಠ_ಠ at me.
              "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
                I should do this sometime. "Hey! Marty! Jackson! Percival! Roger! Hunter! Chad! Chad! It's Chad, right?!"
                My mother always had to call roll...

I love it when your mother can't remember your name...
                [/Cos]
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"...Come here, uh, uh, Roy, uh, Roquefort, Rutabaga... What is your name, boy? And don't lie to me, 'cus you live here, and I'll find out who you are!"

Comment

My mom - when flustered - had been known to go through her sisters' names and then my older sister's names (that had lived with their dad since I can remember) before finally getting around to my name. I used to just stand there and stare at her, which probably contributed to her being flustered.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
                      We carry Solo Cups at Red Vest....
                      Are they red by any chance?

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        Sorry, I couldn't resist
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

There's an 85% chance that you will swat Sheldon first.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Running joke in my family for a while was that my dad was Lindyjohndave, my uncle was lindydavejohn and my aunt was goddammit!

... yeah, she was a problem child.
                            "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Neither. Hero might swat back, and Sheldon, well, he likes it and would ask for more.
                              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X