This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lyse View Post
    My mom - when flustered - had been known to go through her sisters' names and then my older sister's names (that had lived with their dad since I can remember) before finally getting around to my name. I used to just stand there and stare at her, which probably contributed to her being flustered.
    My Mom would go thru the 3 of us kids, my Dad, the dog, AND the cat somedays. I really understood after I became a parent.
    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

You know, the name mix-up happened today with a coworker... SOMEHOW, one of the other cashiers called a third in the room by my name... Now here's the kicker - Our names sound nothing alike... But the weirdest part is that we're whole different races, to REALLY drive the point home we look nothing alike I had to ask, "HOW did you manage that?"
      Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Listen! Hey! Listen!
        damn calm down Navi. Why you gettng all excited?

I almost for got that i was at the library reading this post
        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I'm still learning everything we carry; sometimes I'll pause for a tenth of a second trying to recall where some obscure item is (or figure out what they're trying to say). Recently that has resulted in SCs huffing "You don't know where it is!"...um, you never gave me a chance to process the damn question.

Sometimes Sucky Manager will call me "Lizbeth" (or some variation that is not my name)...there are two Elizabeths working there (and one who goes by Liz although that's nowhere near her name). In that scenario I can get away with ignoring her: I have no idea who she's talking to!

When I was a pup, every once in awhile mom would start calling me by one of my muses' names...I soon learned I couldn't get away with much as she'd connect every name to something suspicious
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My folks did that constantly even though there were only two of us:

Eh-Colin and Co-Eric x.x
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ok, with my kids (only 2), it was Heather-Julie and Ju-Heather.
              "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

When growing up, I was Ken-Caly (Dad's and my names together). Then when my parents added pets to the house, I was Ken-Gertie(sister)-Ashley(cat)-Abby(cat)-Caly. Oi!

I have been known to call Clyde and/or Clementine by the name of one of the cats. And I have called my mom "dad" and my dad "mom".
                And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                  Ok, with my kids (only 2), it was Heather-Julie and Ju-Heather.
                  My grandma used to do that all the time with me and my brother Jason. He was "Mi-Jason" and I was "Ja-Mike."

Actually, I think she still does it.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    My grandma used to do that all the time with me and my brother Jason. He was "Mi-Jason" and I was "Ja-Mike."

Actually, I think she still does it.
                    It works, dunnit?

Hey MonLlewJacAlBarEr! Call me!
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My brother and I both have names starting with the same letter and they actually sound a lot alike, too (3 syllables each). There was a lot of that name scrambling going on when we were growing up. Not so much now that we live 3,000 miles away from each other. (Mixed blessing...I think I'd prefer the name scrambling...)
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X