This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Don't Have What I Paid For?

I paid for and arranged for 4-new snow tires for my vehicle on Monday, along with a package including a certain number of alignments, rotations and roadside service. I applied for the store credit card (which came with a cash back bonus) and was approved, and so paid with that, since there was also a $100 off special that ended that day. I received my half of the credit application and was put on the schedule as having my tire installation done at 5pm on Wednesday, after their tire shipment came in. I was shown the computer screen the package I was getting. I never got a service print out, and assumed I'd just get that during my actual appointment.

I come in today and the service guy seems confused, asking if I'd ordered a certain tire, was I sure my appointment was today, I wasn't in the computer, etc. He asked for the print out and I told him I didn't know I was supposed to have one. He said I wasn't actually in the system, and I needed the print out. I told him I'd seen the other guy write in my appointment, but all I had was my credit application. The service guy asked what I'd paid and I told him. He seemed...skeptical almost. The service guy checked and there I was in the book, but he said they didn't have the tire that I'd been told they ALWAYS stock. He checked with another store via computer and it turns out they got the whole shipment of that tire, so he said if I come back tomorrow, he'll have the tires brought from the other store. But before that, he suggested maybe he substitute another tire; I checked the stock, but decided the original brand was what I wanted to go with - he seemed annoyed at this, since it meant he'd have to find my tires. I also suggested he call the person who sold me the package (one of his managers) to see if I was in the system and maybe he wasn't seeing me. He did call, and confirmed that I had paid, I was supposed to get package X, etc. I also asked that he call the other store and ensure that they actually had the tires and hadn't sold them to someone else. He kept insisting they would be there, but I made him check. He seemed almost amused that I was so insistent, and I told him that I would be unhappy if I had to come back to find the tires sold. He confirmed they had them, but I didn't hear him ask them to hold them or anything. I asked him about that and he brushed me off again saying they couldn't possibly sell at this time of night. Ummm, I bought tires at this time of night Monday, REMEMBER!?

I'm going to call before I drive over to make sure they have my tires. I've liked all the service guys but for this little twerp; he just rubs me the wrong way. Guess I'll let his manager know how flippant he was.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Don't blame you - he wasn't very helpful at all and he didn't seem to want to do his job. Hope he gets thumped on the head.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

wait..... he took your credit app yet couldn't be bothered to actually make sure the tire you wanted was in and that you had an appointment?

sounds more like he only cared about getting a credit app under his belt

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        sounds more like he only cared about getting a credit app under his belt
        No, the employee who couldn't find me in the computer wasn't the one who put me in the computer and took the app 2-days before. That was a manager. The manager was in when I returned the next day. He had personally picked-up my tires and apologized for them going to the wrong store; the computer HAD shown that they were supposed to be delivered to his store. I also did turn out to be in the computer, just in another section, since it hadn't been a special order job. So everything turned out all right and I have my new tires.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          No, the employee who couldn't find me in the computer wasn't the one who put me in the computer and took the app 2-days before. That was a manager. The manager was in when I returned the next day. He had personally picked-up my tires and apologized for them going to the wrong store; the computer HAD shown that they were supposed to be delivered to his store. I also did turn out to be in the computer, just in another section, since it hadn't been a special order job. So everything turned out all right and I have my new tires.
          o good. actually the one who took your app was the one i was suspecting.

but i'm glad you have your tires now

Comment

Working...
          X