This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moar tomato!!!

So I stopped by the way of Sub to get some noms and saw there was a line. I decided to go to the bathroom to wash my hands, and said excuse me to a lady on the way there, she acted like she didn't hear me, but that's fine, I have a soft voice. Anyway, I came out after thoroughly washing up and stood in line.
    The same lady was ordering and another girl took my order. This what I overheard from the lady and the other girl taking her order:

Sub girl: *to lady* And what do you want on your sub? *gestured towards the toppings*

Lady: Lots of lettuce!

Sub girl: *puts lots of lettuce*

Lady: And lots of tomato!

Sub girl: *puts lots of tomato*

Lady: And lots of mayo! And lots of mustard! MOAR TOMATO!!!!

The poor sub was overflowing with toppings (I couldn't even see the bread anymore) and I didn't see how the poor girl was going to close it. It looked like a MESS. The lady was licking her chops, looking at it with relish (no pun intended )

Sub girl: That's it?

Lady: *huffs* Nooooooooooooo! Lots of pickles!

you get the picture. My sub was already made and paid for by then, and I thought the lady would make a hoopla about it but she didn't. I certainly gave her weird looks and tried to give the sub girl a is-this-usual? look but she didn't look back. Guess it is. O.o The toppings are free, so.....
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Geez, lady would you like some sub with those toppings?

Comment

I've been behind people at Scrubway who have these mountains of toppings, and the poor worker can't even close the sub. I especially can't wrap my head around the people who get a flatbread sub, and get multitudes of every single veggie/topping.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ew. Especially on the more tomato.

I hate being super messy, so I would really hate having that many toppings, they'd spill over everything and make a mess.
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

My daughter and I always ended up behind people like that when we went to Subway, only where they would go overboard was with the oils/dressings.

Comment

Ergh. Even the small amount of lettuce & spinach I usually get on my subs gets messy. I can't (and don't want to) imagine how messy something like the one that woman was ordering would be. If you want a salad, order a salad. Don't try to make your sub into a super giganto salad-on-bread!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

that's me on my subs... almost. i never ask for "moar" anything but I do ask for EVERY. SINGLE. VEGGIE. except one subway that had some kind of hot pepper relish. i didn't like it. and sometimes i feel cucumbers are the debil.

but hey it's healthier with all those veggies

Comment

The bread simply acts as your plate. I'm just too shy to ask for more than what the staff would think fits neatly onto the breadplate. Were it up to me, (And by golly, it is.) there would be nothing but tuna, green olives, and jalapeno peppers 'n white sauce in wrapping paper. And a fork.
                SC: "Are you new or something?"
                Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  I've been behind people at Scrubway who have these mountains of toppings, and the poor worker can't even close the sub. I especially can't wrap my head around the people who get a flatbread sub, and get multitudes of every single veggie/topping.
                  I don't like the taste of bread. The bread is just there for me to get grain nutrition, and to act as a kind of plate.

If I can get enough flavourful veggies that I don't really taste the bread, I'm happy. That said, I do try to limit my veg to the level that the bread can close around it.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                    Ew. Especially on the more tomato.

I hate being super messy, so I would really hate having that many toppings, they'd spill over everything and make a mess.
                    But that's the point! And anyway, all the good stuff in life is messy.

I LOVE tomatoes. Lots and lots and lots of them. The ones that have actual flavor, that is.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                      The bread simply acts as your plate. I'm just too shy to ask for more than what the staff would think fits neatly onto the breadplate. Were it up to me, (And by golly, it is.) there would be nothing but tuna, green olives, and jalapeno peppers 'n white sauce in wrapping paper. And a fork.
                      Subways (or at least the ones up here) have had salads for awhile. While I've never ordered one myself, it seems to me that they basically amount to a sandwich without the bread. So if you are serious about not wanting the bread, you could probably ask for a "Tuna Salad" and get it in a bowl with those toppings and sauces. (I'm sure the Sandwich artists on the board here could clarify about how possible that really is)

Comment

Makes me extremely glad we started charging for extra veggies again. But then when we tell them it costs extra they act like we just shot their mother right in front of them.
                        My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                        My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Thought I'd replied/posted this the other day. Was in The Way of Sub & the lady in front of me got asked (offered?) "All the salads?" She immediately scowled - sorry, CBF'd - and said "NoOooo!" <huffed> "I want..."
                          and began "Loottts of tomato.... Lotttsss of lettuce..." etc pausing while they added them all. And yeah, she got - all the salads. Why didn't she just SAY "Yes" or "Yes, but lots" or something???
                          I DO admittedly get "extra" of the toppings I prefer, but only cauz a) the staff themselves suggested it, b) the staff are cool with it and c) I only get 3-4 toppings, and they're the same ones every time

(BTW I LURVE my local Way of the Sub. The staff there, tho they go thru staff like some people go thru socks, are fantastic & they always introduce me to newbies including what I like/don't like/ talk about etc. Really cool people & even the owner/BigBossLady pitches in sometimes & makes a point of talking to me when she pops in )
                          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                          What's the difference?
                          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

My usual Subway makes me a little sad sometimes. Not because of the workers suck, but because they've given me small discounts (like $5 footlong for one that doesn't come under that deal), or extra toppings just because I didn't get upset that I had to wait on the person who got there first. I can't imagine what their usual clientel is like that they feel like rewarding me just for not being a SC.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              My usual Subway makes me a little sad sometimes. Not because of the workers suck, but because they've given me small discounts (like $5 footlong for one that doesn't come under that deal), or extra toppings just because I didn't get upset that I had to wait on the person who got there first. I can't imagine what their usual clientel is like that they feel like rewarding me just for not being a SC.
                              I do the same thing. I reward the people who are NOT assholes by not charging them for their extra cheese or avocado, etc. I even tell them why I decided not to charge them to re-enforce the good behavior in the future.
                              My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                              My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Working...
                              X