Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like people who make fun of Forrest Gump.

Like at work when I yell at Brown Noser "Liiiieeeeuuutennnant Daaaayyyyaaan!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      There are "cool" accents and some that are not so cool. I'm pretty sure we fall at least mostly into the second category.
      Well, you have to admit, the "gentle Southern woman of good breeding" type southern accent sounds pretty classy. Of course, in all my years in the south (I was born in GA), I've never actually known anyone with that particular accent myself - but then, I don't run with the crowd who has the time & money to sit on the veranda of an ante-bellum mansion watching the magnolias blossom and sipping a mint julip
      I'm afraid Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes actually bring specific relatives to mind

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        I'm afraid Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes actually bring specific relatives to mind
        Don't you mean "relatives of a peculiar species"?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have 3 in the area where I live. I always go there for hair dye and do it myself; somehow my hair figures out it's own highlights and everything!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I wonder how he'd act if she sent him in to buy tampons?
            for me when the Ex would get me to buy said items after the first time or two it became just a normal trip to the store. no squickiness no embarassment. just made sure to get the right ones (so as not to get killed then have to go back and get the right one)
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Tampons would be way easier than hair extensions.

Quite frankly, that's something I'd rather have done at a salon. Or, ya know, go to the store myself, since a lot of those are in the $50+ range and we all know that men don't know colors.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I, for the life of me, can't understand why anyone would send their boyfriend or husband to a beauty supply store to get stuff for them, unless they had a specific list with specific items or coupons. Or maybe if that person knew no one else or had no family or friends to do it for her.
                to be honest i'd trust my boyfriend to pick out makeup for me. he bought me makeup a couple of years ago - makeup that was far better than the stuff I normally used. the kind of makeup the MUAs use on photo shoots.

Comment

What's wrong with the yooper accent?

Comment

I definitely agree he was a complete idiot. I was just saying she may not have been. Of course, she may have.

My brother never had a problem picking up feminine hygiene products. Of course with 5 older sisters, it's hard to grow up squeamish.

Comment

I went into a Sally once.

I had my GF with me at the time.

We were only in there to get hair dye and to see if we could find extensions for my hair as part of a cosplay. Ultimately we skipped the extensions and used a spray-on hair dye to complete my costume as Ansem the Wise from Kingdom Hearts II.

I always have a list with me when I go shopping for someone else, and only call if I need clarification on something.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        Ya der hey, nice weather we're having, aina?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Speaking of, I need to go there and see if they a hair amplifier(?) that one of my friends has had good luck with. We've both got baby-fine poker straight hair and seems to be giving it a little extra body.

I mean, good grief, the actor Josh Holloway suppresses his Georgia accent on purpose from what I understand. He only used his natural accent in Lost because the director made him.
                          But on him, it's so hot! *drool*
                          Last edited by Pagan; 12-06-2011, 12:07 AM.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                            Nothing wrong with any accent really, unless it's blatantly fake, or so thick you can't understand what the speaker is saying (and that's due more to laziness on the speaker's part than accent).

One of my coworkers is in Little Theater from time to time, and practices a British accent. A very, very BAD British accent! Think Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Now, a natural British accent makes me , but this one make me
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

But on him, it's so hot! *drool*
                              Yeah, true, but I suspect that the accent doesn't make him hot. He makes the accent hot.

I suspect we'd all be saying the same thing no matter what sort of accent he had. He could talk like Gomer Freaking Pyle and we still all be going nuts over him.

Listen here, I have nearly the same accent and nobody thinks it's hot when I do it.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                Ya der hey, nice weather we're having, aina?

Altogether now: "It's da second week of deer camp, and all da guys are here...."

I love that song
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X