This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupon entitlement - and being buddies with the in charge

Last night at Publix, I again picked the shortest line, which turned out to be another mistake. This lady was using two $5 off coupons for one item, something most of us would not be allowed to do.

CL (Coupon Lady)
    PC (Publix Cashier)

PC: I'm sorry, but you can only use one of these for that.
    CL: (Shouts over to customer service): Helen, you said I could do this, RIGHT???!!!
    (Helen from customer service just nods at PC)
    PC: OK. It's just that we usually don't allow that.
    CL: Well, I always get to do it because I'm more important and am special!

Then she paid and walked off with her smugness. When it was my turn, I asked the cashier why I wasn't entitled to special treatment like that, to which he just chuckled. He has dealt with this before, and God knows how many times CL does this.

I hate entitled people.

Find someone higher than "Helen" and report her for assisting in coupon fraud.

Hell, if I was the cashier, I'd be telling her to then go purchase her crap at the service desk and refuse to do it otherwise. The transaction would be on my butt if Loss Prevention saw any red flags.

Comment

I forgot to mention it is more than likely that CL had already had a meeting with Helen prior to shopping, knowing full well PC was going to give her a problem. Probably planned it before grabbing her car keys at home.

Comment

You should call the store and tell your story to the store manager. Publix takes coupon fraud EXTREMELY seriously. Serious enough that the SM could get in trouble if any higherups find out about "Helen" and her antics.

--Dave

Comment

Whether the register "objects" to the double coupon and requires an override or not, is there anyway you can get the Customer Service lady to sign off on it/use her key? Without that, I guarantee you that she will disavow knowledge of any such thing if Corporate finds out about it...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm sorry but I instantly loath anyone who comes into Subway with coupons. 99% of them are intending to find any way possible to cheat the system or are generally huge entitlement driven assclowns when something doesn't go their way.
            My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
            My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

She's special? Well, I can think of a KIND of special... Hey, she said it about herself!
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
              X