This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Appointment Cancelation Karma

My friend is a professional photographer. He does a lot of sessions with models working on their portfolios. He's new to the business, but better than 80% of the work I've seen, in my opinion. He had an appointment with a new model and spent all day setting up the studio, only to have her call and say she couldn't make it as something had come up. The next day, he sees photos on her page that she took with ANOTHER photographer! That's right, she blew him off for another guy. He called her one it, telling her that he wouldn't have minded if she had told him she had decided to go to another photographer, he just wished she had been honest about it and told him earlier, so he wouldn't have wasted all day when he could have done other work. She shot back that she had a chance to go with someone who already has a 'name' in the business, has had his work published in a magazine, and she took it so there!

Well, jokes on her. The guy she chose has had work published...6-months ago in some online magazine. He's also a sleaze who has been known to get his models drunk and try and sleep with him. I hope she enjoys working with him she's already starting to cry to my friend to try and get another appointment!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I hope your friend tells her to go find another "name". If she'd been courteous and professional about it, that would be one thing, but she is coming across as a complete Attention/Entitlement Whore and I'm thinking it won't be long until that comes out in full around whatever photographer she's working with.

Comment

Totally understand wanting to go to a higher recognition photographer, but even if the guy was a world class Vogue or whatnot shooter, it STILL doesn't excuse the lack of a call. Hope she learns her lesson quickly and shapes up.

Comment

She deserved what she got.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I just told my boyfriend the story (he also does model photography)
          Him: ugh.

karma may also be against her in other ways - word of mouth. Photographers talk to each other. They figure out which models are there for the art and which are only in it for the money and - most importantly - which ones are hard to work with.

If she pulls shit like that enough she's going to learn a hard lesson in reality about modeling. There's no shortage of models. I mean by all means, turn down a job that doesn't feel right ... but do not ever assume you're irreplaceable.

and if you want to cheer your friend up, show him this:

Comment

Working...
          X