Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're Contagious! Don't Touch Me Baby! Don't Gimme Whatcha Got!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Contagious! Don't Touch Me Baby! Don't Gimme Whatcha Got!

My FMIL and I were at the General Dollar store one day getting some baking stuff and little goodies. The entire time we're at the store, this girl (she had to be about 11 at the oldest...I think) was coughing like crazy! Mind you it's a chilly day in upstate New York! We were far from her and her "mother" but OMG it was bad. FFS the kid could've stayed home, or at least be given some cough drops, Robitussin or Delsym! I and everyone else at the store don't wanna catch whatever the hell it is she has!

***The thread title references an old Ron Isley song....ftr***
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Anyone like to bet on whether there was a line at the checkout, and the mother bitched loudly about how they were making her and her ill child wait for so long?
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

ah yes upstate NY winter. How I miss the snow (really I do).

What I don't miss is what all that cold air does to my lungs. I usually end up picking up a wet cough some time during the season.

Of course when I was a kid mom wouldn't have dragged me out of the house like that. Well unless it was allergies (sometimes it was) or unless we were getting something specifically to treat it.

but these days yeah... i see a lot of parents who just don't think about their kids when they plan a trip out. Whether the kid's sick or should be in bed... doesn't matter. Gotta go out so the kid's dragged out along with.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        an old Ron Isley song
        Funny, I was hearing Vernon Burch. What song did you have in mind?

And regarding the content, I have no problem telling someone to cover their mouths when they cough. I've said it often enough to my own kids (5 and 2) that they mostly do it now.

(Former Buffalo resident here. I liked that city, I really did, but all my family is in the NYC area. Of course I know that Western NY is not the same place as Upstate, but to a New Yorker, anything north of Rockland County is "upstate". For proof, just look at the old AAA maps of NYS: one side, large scale of NYC, Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and parts of Ulster and Sullivan Counties; other side, all the rest of the state in a much smaller scale.)

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          Funny, I was hearing Vernon Burch. What song did you have in mind?
          Ron Isley "Contagious"

Mr. Biggs baby!!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My mom has the insurance card, so if I'm sick, she's the one who takes me to urgent care still. And we've had to do that, go to Fred Meyer or something for kleenex, cough drops, etc. while I look and sound like hell. I try not to breathe near anybody. And thankfully, that's the only times my parents ever really dragged me out, was when we were already out to get my prescription.
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Unfortunately, that's not the story at the Little shop of horrors where I worked. Parents would go shopping for candy all the time, and not care that their kid was sick. And guess who had to clean up the vomit and/or waste? That's right - me.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X