This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOOD sighting!

I'm actually fighting back tears because I'm touched at the parenting. I was just walking up to the entrance of the grocery store when I heard a lady say something to a family member (couldn't make it out). The next thing I knew, a kid was coming pretty fast at me with a cart. I instinctively started to move out of the way when he said, "Here you go. " His mom must've asked him to do that kindness to me. What a considerate family!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Daaaaaaaaaaaw, that's so sweet! That kid is going to be such a lovely gentleman when he grows up. And ladies LOVE gentlemen!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      Daaaaaaaaaaaw, that's so sweet! That kid is going to be such a lovely gentleman when he grows up. And ladies LOVE gentlemen!
      They just hate nice guys, heh.

Comment

It's always nice when parents teach their children respect and kindness while they're young.
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          I don't. If I could find a nice guy, I'd have remarried by now.

All the nice guys are either married or way too young for me.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Panacea... I used to think the nice ones were too young too. But I had to rethink that idea. My guy is 15 years younger than I am and is the best. They aren't all bad.

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
              Panacea... I used to think the nice ones were too young too. But I had to rethink that idea. My guy is 15 years younger than I am and is the best. They aren't all bad.
              Get 'em young and train 'em right... erm...

(I'm 38. BF is 26... heh)

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
                Get 'em young and train 'em right... erm...

(I'm 38. BF is 26... heh)
                Use the whip!

...I thought I was being clever, but now I fear I may have inadvertently stumbled upon your very clever secret.

Comment

nothing to see here folks, carry on...

(actually it was pretty funny; we each erred in our estimation of the other's age at first, both figuring the other was around 30. On date #2 I had to say "erm... I think I'm a bit older than you..." - then the look on his face!! )

(Secrets to youthful appearance: my inner child is alive and well and running the place... also, sunscreen is your friend!)

Back on topic - kids being nice, and being encouraged to be nice by their parents (not just polite, but kind and thoughtful), is a very good thing to see. Thanks Food Lady for sharing your little moment of win!

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
                    Get 'em young and train 'em right... erm... (I'm 38. BF is 26... heh)
                    There may be hope yet!
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                      I dunno. I married a nice guy. All my friends married nice guys too...
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I hate to get off topic but... When I was on dating sites I would put that I was a nice guy, but years later I found out that the words "nice guy" just puts up a red flag. I always thought that's what women wanted after dating jerks, a-holes, etc, but it seems no matter what age, some women don't want nice guys. I learned that women think that "nice guy = pushover", and that women dating bad boys/a-holes/jerks to try and change them into someone better, but I learned too late in life.

So yeah, I guess if you can get 'em when they're young (and the ones that haven't been burned yet), more power to ya.

Comment

Still off topic: That's because most guys who consider themselves 'nice guys' actually aren't. Check out the link: Why women don't like 'nice guys'

As for that kid, it sounds like he'll grow up to be a REAL nice guy.
                          My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                            No, but in my case they're younger than the age of consent. Which is not somewhere I'm willing to go.

It's usually been my bad luck whenever I find a guy that would be awesome to date, he's usually in a relationship with someone else. Or, because of my Asperger's, I don't recognize signals coming my way, but that's another story.

Quoth emax4 View Post
                            I hate to get off topic but... When I was on dating sites I would put that I was a nice guy, but years later I found out that the words "nice guy" just puts up a red flag. I always thought that's what women wanted after dating jerks, a-holes, etc, but it seems no matter what age, some women don't want nice guys. I learned that women think that "nice guy = pushover", and that women dating bad boys/a-holes/jerks to try and change them into someone better, but I learned too late in life..
                            The problem in that instance is with the woman, and not the guy and the guy is much better off. I assure you, most women want nice guys.

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
                            Still off topic: That's because most guys who consider themselves 'nice guys' actually aren't. Check out the link: Why women don't like 'nice guys'

As for that kid, it sounds like he'll grow up to be a REAL nice guy.
                            Yes, because he'll grow up to be confident and well adjusted, thanks to his smart mom who is teaching him to be a gentleman. He'll be a true "nice guy."
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                            X