Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"But, she tahhhhched it!" - then it became a freebie!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    Oh, and most of the cars in the parking lot were expensive late model Cadillacs, which means she probably owned one of them. My wife said this lady looked to be from seventy-five to eighty years old, wearing probably $500 worth of clothes, not counting the expensive jewelry she was wearing.
    Getting out of paying $10 for a meal is how she can afford to pay for those things. At least she didn't go off on a "back in my day" type of rant about how an entire meal cost less than $1, gas was 20c, and customer service was expected Seriously lady, open your wallet...you cheap bitch!
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

After about the third or so 'tacccchhhhed', if I were manager, I'd have been tempted to invite her to dine elsewhere. Just reading that nearly gave me a headache. I can't imagine being there and actually hearing it! Also, yes, it IS amazing how free food makes everything better, isn't it? *note the sarcasm*
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth MiloMorai View Post
        "Oh, don't thank me I was just checking to see if free would fix it for you. I'm not giving away perfectly good food. Now Get OUT. Don't come back. KTHXBAI."

SC:

Other customers:

How it would have ended in a much better world.
        Unfortunately it depends on whether corporate will back him up or fire his butt out the door as soon as she goes whining to them. I'd rather piss off one SC than half a dozen good customers, but obviously that means I don't understand business.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
          After about the third or so 'tacccchhhhed', if I were manager, I'd have been tempted to invite her to dine elsewhere. Just reading that nearly gave me a headache. I can't imagine being there and actually hearing it! Also, yes, it IS amazing how free food makes everything better, isn't it? *note the sarcasm*
          I wasn't even there, and I had to hear this from my wife. I thought of rhe headache I was getting with her repeating this story where I too thought of what it must have been like to actually witness it.

I gave the Reader's Digest version and left out where she wanted a new meal because the BME tahhhhched the old one. Interestingly enough, she forgot about it after the tahhhhched one was free. So, we know what her actual goal was, don't we?

Comment

I also would have been tempted to get my fingers all over her free food before handing it to her. After I licked them, of course.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ugh, it's stories like this that simultaneously makes me feel bad for the manager (he would probably get in trouble by his bosses if he didn't cave) and also hate him. I hate when I am working as MOD and I have to give away free food because of some stupid complaint like this. It makes me wish that another customer that witnesses the event would call or write to my owner and complain that we are giving out free food for stupid reasons and that is why prices are going up for good customers and that they don't want to go to a store that does that and won't stand up to bad customers. My owner takes customer complaints really seriously so it would be interesting to see what would happen if he got a bunch of complaints like this.

Comment

I wish these SCs would pull their BS in front of me so I can look her in the eye and tell her what a con artist she is.

"Ooohhh! So you can't eat the food that actually hasn't been touched by human skin if you have to pay for it, but now that it's free it's somehow edible? Woman, you should be ashamed of yourself."
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Is it bad that I kind of wanted to be next in line after the "taaaaaaaached it" beast so that I could go on about the server taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaching it, just to grind just how bad a decision it was into the manager's face?
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Something to consider. If the old bat wanted to return the tahhhhched food and get untahhhhched food, the returned food would have been tossed in the trash since it was in the old bat's possession. It may have been easier just to give it to her, than throw it away and maybe have to give her a fresh plate of untahhhhched food for free.

However, I vote for thowing her out of the restaurant, if you can find someone willing to tahhhhch her to do it.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

When I saw the title of the post, and then "Spineless Boston Market Manager" I immedaitely thought that someone was going to be arguing about their food being touched, and the manager offering to have a new one made, at no charge.

Glad it wasn't that far, but still the SBMM is an idiot.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                        When I saw the title of the post, and then "Spineless Boston Market Manager" I immedaitely thought that someone was going to be arguing about their food being touched, and the manager offering to have a new one made, at no charge.
                        Shhhh. Don't give the EW's any ideas.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                        X