This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying not to be a SC

My ex and I went to the Darden Steak restaurant this past Friday (It was only 5 pm and damn the line! The wait wasn't very long 25-30, I made sure we went before either of us got too hungry)

We get sat and greeted, ordered our drinks.. I already knew what I was going to get before I got there. Server dropped off our drinks and asked if we were ready, we were so I ordered the white cheese and bacon stuffed filet cooked rare (It always comes out medium rare which is how I like it, I think I've only recieved a true rare steak 3 times go out to eat) with a baked tater and Ceasar salad. Ex ordered the lobster stuffed filet.

Server brings us bread and salads, I noticed there was a tiny ammount of dressing on my salad, less than a 1/2 teaspoon.. No worries, I'll just ask for a but more. Took a little bit but I got my extra dressing, I was only 1/2 done with my salad when the food came, I took a couple of more bites out of my salad and cut into my steak (My steak was thinner and small an ex's and they were supposed to be the same size ounce wise) steak was well done, I won't eat it if it's above a medium.

Flagged down server and showed her the steak, she grunted and rolled her eyes, I don't know if that gesture was towards the cook or us, she took my plate and said she'd bring out another one. Ex was done with his food before I even recieved mine and by the time mine came, I wasn't as hungry as I would've been (I ate more salad and bread while waiting) the new steak looked a lot better than the last and I hadn't even cut it open yet, I cut it and it was cooked perfectly.

Here's the suck, I don't recall an apology nor did a manager visit the table (this is the norm for this restaurant if something goes wrong)

I know mistakes happen, but she should keeps her distaste for whoeven it's geared towards away from the customers.

EDIT: As I wrote this just now, I called up the restaurant and explained the situation and got a free dessert!
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

No suck on your part, big fail on their part. I know which steakhouse you're talking about and it seems to be the norm that for every 2 or 3 good visits, there will be a bad one.

The server should have let a manager know that there was a problem so they could come around and talk to you. While it's nice that they did comp you a free dessert for your next visit, it's advisable to ask for one before you leave or even ask for one before the server goes back to the kitchen.

We don't usually go there and prefer LoneStar. The only time we do go is if we have a gift card or if there's an affordable special.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I had forgotten to bring up the drink order, I ordered a Strawberry Daquiri, server asks for ID and I reach for it. Ex is giving me that "what are you doing?" look. Virgin Strawberry Daquiri, I tell her. This has been an uneventful pregnancy that I forget I am pregnant, plus I have the Pregnancy Brain (all the blood from your brains goes to the baby.). Server still wants ID, so I dig it out and look at her "Nevermind! I thought you looked a lot younger a minute ago.. I dont need to see it. She said.

Well just make me feel all old, thatll score you bigger tips.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
        I had forgotten to bring up the drink order, I ordered a Strawberry Daquiri, server asks for ID and I reach for it. Ex is giving me that "what are you doing?" look. Virgin Strawberry Daquiri, I tell her. This has been an uneventful pregnancy that I forget I am pregnant, plus I have the Pregnancy Brain (all the blood from your brains goes to the baby.). Server still wants ID, so I dig it out and look at her "Nevermind! I thought you looked a lot younger a minute ago.. I dont need to see it. She said.

sounds like she needs to work on her people skills, I do believe it's a wait-person's job not just to take orders and bring out food, but to make a customer feel welcome (as in, smile and be pleasant to them, not as in going to the extremes an SC would expect, of course).

And since when does a person have to show ID to get a non-alcoholic drink? Sorry, but I simply would not go to the trouble of digging mine out of my purse when there's simply no need.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post

You should have complained. It is insulting to insist on ID for a non-alcoholic purchase and then to insult the customer. What the hell was her problem, anyway?
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            What the hell was her problem, anyway?
            That she is soon going to be unemployed for being a sucky waitress.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

She'll learn fast or find a new job.

I had a seasoned waitress at a Robin of Crimson exclaim upon reading my ID that I did not look 39 1/2! I sputtered and stared at my companion as I was a decade younger than that. After the waitress left I joked with my friend that a 10% tip would seem like 20% if she adds a 10 to everything.

I left her 15% as the rest of her service was great. Damn that arithmetic though!

Comment

Working...
              X