X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking survey company

They keep calling me.

Supposedly it's some college-based survey for health information.

They first called me a couple of months ago. I said "no thank you"

Since then they've called me 3 times.

On Saturday I was monkeying around with their number on google voice to see about what options I had and accidentally called them. Since I refused the call on my end I thought it didn't go through but they called me back from another number.

I was abrupt with them and each time they tried to offer the survey I said "NO. DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN."

Survey bitch: blah blah -
    Me: NO. You will not call me.

So guess who calls me today?

I called them back and left a voicemail with my number and that I will NOT give them my name but that they are not allowed to call me back under any circumstance.

If they call me back from any number I am going to contact the college they claim to be from... if they can't take "no" from me... let their college get the word that they're ignoring legally binding requests for "no contact".

We seem to be getting a rash of these "survey" type calls too. we have one that has called at least once a day for the last 2 weeks.

thank goodness for 800notes and whocallsme web sites
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

So have I! I've been pretending I'm Consuela from Family Guy here lately after the 3rd time I say "No,no, Mr John no home." They get the hint and hang up. Oh! Yesterday they called and hung up when I told them I needed more Lemon Pledge.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

i also emailed someone at the FTC for clarification on the DNC rules with surveys.

I know technically surveys are exempt but... what if we tell them "stop"? ... hopefully i'll get a reply

Comment

The way I understand it you have to use the magic term "Put me on the do not call list". If you don't specifically say that they can keep calling you. YMMV

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            i also emailed someone at the FTC for clarification on the DNC rules with surveys.

I know technically surveys are exempt but... what if we tell them "stop"? ... hopefully i'll get a reply

Surveys are technically exempt from having to avoid calling people on the Do Not Call list. However, they are bound by the same rules other than that. If you tell them to stop calling you (and you must. "not interested" or anything other than "do not call me again" does not count. ) they cannot legally call you again. This goes for everyone who is otherwise exempt. Once someone says "Do Not Call Me", it doesn't matter if they're exempt or not. Nobody is exempt from that.

Ask them if they have a do not call policy in place and if they do, have them send you a copy of it. Keep a record of when they call you. Facts are weapons.

You can contact your state''s Attorney General for more advice on how to proceed.

The set of laws you want to look into for this is called the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and it's currently being updated to accommodate the new way people use phones. So I am not currently familiar with it as I once was. But you can use some Google Fu to do a little useful research on it.

Comment

Quoth Lurking Sockpuppet View Post
              The way I understand it you have to use the magic term "Put me on the do not call list". If you don't specifically say that they can keep calling you. YMMV
              well then what i said to them in voice mail may qualify.

i left my number and said pretty much 'DO NOT EVER CALL ME AGAIN"

hopefully they'll fucking listen. however i will not hold my breath either

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                So have I! I've been pretending I'm Consuela from Family Guy here lately after the 3rd time I say "No,no, Mr John no home." They get the hint and hang up. Oh! Yesterday they called and hung up when I told them I needed more Lemon Pledge.
                Do you know how much soda through the nose hurts? Do you?!

Maybe the next time they call you can tell them that Jabba's cat escaped.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

That's excellent.

Hubs actually does a scary-good Consuela impression. I'm going to suggest this to him for next time he gets a survey call. (Which he keeps getting because he keeps signing up for stupid stuff online...I love him but sometimes I want to beat him...)
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I love you so much right now.
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Do you like beans?
                      Do you like George Wendt?
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        Do you like beans?
                        Do you like George Wendt?
                        Do you like movie with George Wendt?
                        Would you watch a movie about George Wendt eating beans?
                        Would you eat beans with George Wendt?
                        Would you watch a movie about beans eating George Wendt?

...dangit, now I have to dig the episode out of the box set.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quite some time back now i kept getting calls from one particular company, i'd asked them not to call but our number had been entered multiple times into their system somehow.

Eventually rhey called one too many times and caught me at a bad moment, i said:

"I'm sorry, this isn't your fault at all but I keep being called even thuogh i've asked not to be, this has to have happened about four times now and i'm sorry but my husband just asked me for a divorce, this is really not a good time. I'm sorry." All while sobbing.

Never heard form them again.

We reconciled btw and are still together and happier than ever.

Comment

Or you could try a favourite trick of my father's:

Caller: Hello, this is *name of double glazing firm / film rental company / whoever, could I speak to *father's name* please?
                            Father: No, sorry we're not on the phone here.

9 times out of 10 they say 'Oh, sorry' and hang up before they realise what he's actually said.
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

"I'm not here"

luckily nothing back yet from the callers
                              although i got a standard canned reply from the ftc that didn't actually answer the question

they rattled off the same regs about not applying to surveys
                              but never specified if surveys need to stfu when you tell them to stop

Comment

Working...
                              X