This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
    Mystic, if the driver had time to stop and put a shipping label in my mailbox (illegal btw, only real mail is allowed to be put in a mailbox, he had 30 seconds more to come to my door and pick up the package.
    That is true, yet a lot of drivers do it for various reasons (though they are told not to in training).

Don't forget, my neighbors next door were expecting a package that day that UPS claims was delivered, and they have never seen. The company they ordered it from had to send out a new one. So if the driver was doing his job he could have parked in front of our houses, dropped off their package at the front door, walked a few feet to mine, picked up my package, and been off in less than 2 minutes. As it was, he put a slip into my mailbox and who knows what happened to their package.
    Again, depends on the situation and what was going on that day. It's not always as night and day as "doing the job properly" or "being lazy". There are a lot of things which can cause delays, especially this time of year regardless of deliveries being next to each other. It could be that someone else was doing pickups or he didn't have the room or any number of other things... or he could have been one of those drivers who tosses computer monitors. I can't really answer that.

And I could care less what the driver thinks of me. I have his name, I have made several complaints about this at every point in the chain of command I can get through to. If he pulls any shit with me I will not stop till I have his lazy ass fired. If he can't do his job then he needs to find one he can handle.
    It would probably take a lot more than a single person complaining about him to get him fired. However, that comment alone makes your rant very SC like. Remember, while you called him out on being lazy and ranted to the company, you also yelled at him yourself and his supervisor will more than likely back him if he claims you're an abusive customer which means, like every other job, he's fully within his right to deny you service. He also has a witness to back him up.

Did you even ask him for an explanation before you railed into him?

This is not an SC rant. I am not expecting the driver to have done anything unreasonable or beyond his duties. His job is to deliver and pick up packages. He failed to do both that day.
    Without knowing details of why he didn't get the package and going off on him, it's indeed an SC rant. It could have indeed been he was lazy, but given how dedicated most of the drivers are to their jobs, I have a hard time believing that. I will admit, there are a few bad ones out there, but for the most part, the company is very good about hiring good people as bad ones are weeded out pretty quickly before they can even get a job as a driver.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

I have a neighbor 3 houses down who got a lot of packages not too long ago when they had a baby. I was also getting a lot of packages at the time as well. This neighbors house was right past the turn onto the side street and right before a dead end. After dropping off packages at the neighbors house the driver would then have to back up or pull into a driveway and turn around to go down the side street. Apparently this was too much trouble for this driver because he started dropping off the neighbors packages at my house. At first I figured it was a mistake because I was also getting a lot of packages, but then I stopped getting them and I still got my neighbors stuff. Finally I was home and caught the driver doing it, before he could get too his truck I called for him to come back and told him he had the wrong house. He actually asked me why I couldn't bring them over there. I told him that was his job and unless he wanted to give me his paycheck he could do it. But I gave him a pass and didn't complain as it never happened again. This driver is lazy, plain and simple.

Comment

That's really... odd. Unless the neighbour told him to, which I'm doubting. :\

I know that when we have a lot of Same Day/Next Day packages, we sometimes leave them somewhere else so they are technically "delivered" and that person doesn't have to go pick them up at a depot, but they always are left a notice on their door or in repeat cases, they know where it will be to pick it up at.

That's a bit of a game changer there though if this is an ongoing problem. I thought this was a one time thing during the busy season.
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

My company receives a lot of packages every day. Most of the items come FedEx or USPS. We have an agreement with FedEx that gives us a discount due to the volume of packages we ship. We do not ship UPS because in our area they are very uncooperative and regularly do not deliver.

In one week, besides my UPS packages that were never delivered to our office, a package that was supposed to go to my boss's home was not delivered and a package for my boss at work was never received by us. They are incredibly hit and miss, mostly miss, around here.
          Last edited by wagegoth; 12-26-2011, 07:47 AM.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X