This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Driver suck

Since I am a delivery driver, I very extremely rarely ever criticize one..

But last night I ordered from Pizza Slut, the total was 20.46, I handed him 40$ and asked for 14$ back.. He hands me one of the 20's back and turns and stalks off to his car. He did not say he did not have change, I told him I have a cup full of change with 5 or 6 bucks in it and he waves his hand dismissively at me. I'm like was the 5.50$ plus tip I was going to give him really too low to bother with?
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Sounds like he was in a bad mood o_O. His loss.

I have yet to get a delivery guy that did not have change. Sure, probably not small coins, but they always make change.

Comment

Maybe his off-beat way of saying Merry Christmas? :P
      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Or getting back at his boss. If I understand it right, he did just stiff Pizza Hut by 6 dollars, if we assume there was no tip.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

No, he stiffed pizza hut by 46 cents and lost out on a tip.

Comment

I've worked as pizza delivery, many moons ago. I always had change, even though I wasn't supposed to. I kept all my tips in a little red zipper bag that fit in my jeans front pocket, and would make change from it. I would usually try to keep a ten, 2 5's and at least 5 one's, plus some loose change on me at all times (I'd bank the rest with the manager usually but not always).

I wasn't about to miss out on a tip, especially because back then everyone paid cash (we rarely took checks, and only with manager's OK when you ordered), so tips were always cash. Since my hourly wage was more than minimum wage at the time, I could get away with not reporting my tips

I did have a guy pay me with a $100 bill once, and look disappointed when I had no problem making change (it was a $60 or so order IIRC); I think he was hoping not to tip me if I couldn't make correct change. I remember this because the manager got upset with me for taking a $100 bill. I was new and didn't realize I shouldn't--no one had told me. Luckily, it wasn't a fake
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
              Since I am a delivery driver, I very extremely rarely ever criticize one..

But last night I ordered from Pizza Slut, the total was 20.46, I handed him 40$ and asked for 14$ back.. He hands me one of the 20's back and turns and stalks off to his car. He did not say he did not have change, I told him I have a cup full of change with 5 or 6 bucks in it and he waves his hand dismissively at me. I'm like was the 5.50$ plus tip I was going to give him really too low to bother with?
              as a fellow delivery driver all I can say is

HUH????? and WTF?????

this "driver" blows off a $5+ tip and cops a bad attitude????????? HELL I WOULD KILL for a $5+ tip these days.

I have had bad nights BUT I WILL NEVER turn down that kind of a tip. EVER
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I never ask for change back if I order delivery. I won't order delivery if I don't have the cash of me to cover the total plus tip without having to ask for anything back. I never assume delivery drivers have change.

Comment

Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
                  I never ask for change back if I order delivery. I won't order delivery if I don't have the cash of me to cover the total plus tip without having to ask for anything back. I never assume delivery drivers have change.
                  I tip good . . . but I don't over tip. If my order comes to 12-13 bucks, and all I have is a 20, I still want a few dollars back in change. I'll typically tip 20% and a little more (I never ask for exact change . . . I might say give me 3 bucks back and you keep the rest).
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X