Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just wrong. What she's doing is wonderful. (And please pass that on.) Abiding by the rules of the NPO is an absolute MUST, as well. People not understanding that... I don't understand how they can't.

One suggestion for her: check around her community for disabled adults who could use support, or carers who could. Disabled non-elderly adults tend to slip through the cracks as well; perhaps (or perhaps not) even more so than disabled children. And carers - especially the unpaid sort - are often totally overlooked.

Mind you, this is HER NPO. She should do what she wants to with it. I'm just suggesting that she might want to check whether she wants to broaden its scope a bit. Or not.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Your sister is a saint for what she does. I am sure the children she helps will remember long after they have grown.

I remember and appreciate those who helped me when I was down and was turned down for any sort of government help and those who did help me out never expected a thing from me. That was a long time ago, but their kindness has never been forgotten.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I'll pass along the love, that'll make her day

I'll make that suggestion, Seshat, see if she can run with it, that's a good idea!

Comment

Your sister is awesome. I'm sure you tell her that regularly, but let her know that a lot of people who don't know her personally think that way too.

And curse the ~10% that try to take advantage and ruin everything.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I do allow clients who "like" my business page to also "friend" me on Facebook, but I add them all to my restricted list. That way I have that extra connection to them but they don't get to see my embarrassing pics.

It also makes for great conversation starters. "Hey, I know you're probably still reeling from that swingers party, but I really need that proposal. Today."
            :-)

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
              Oh yeah...one (now former) friend actually invited HER and the brother in law out for dinner and a movie, then told her "Oh, we're pretty broke now, why don't you take us all out and have the NPO pay for it?"
              The exchange that followed is not fit for polite conversation. Or ours.
              She should explain to them that the NPO would happy to treat them to a dinner as a thank you for the very large donation they are making to the NPO. How much was it again they wanted to contribute?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And due to both parental and winner shenanigans, Little Sis has had to shut down the Ambassador part of the program. This was where winners of the contests and pagents would act as figureheads, show up at charity drives, etc. Turns out that some of the girls that won just wanted an award that they could rub in other girls faces, and parents didn't feel that it was worth their time to make sure that the girls could attend functions.

Comment

That's really sad, some people really should be ashamed of themselves, oddly enough those are usually the people who seem to never feel any shame.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                    That's the thing, there is a seperate Facebook page for the NPO, she only friends people that she has built a personal relationship with. But that's a good idea, I'll talk to her about that. This is the second time that she's been attacked on her personal page about the NPO, last time is was from an aquaintance who went all blargety on her for not letting her (the aquaintance) use the NPO like a piggy pank
                    See, the thing about piggy banks is that before you take money out, you have to put money IN first, which I'm almost positive this acquaintance was most certainly NOT doing...
                    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
                    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Working...
                    X