Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I keep attracting these people? HOW?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIrstly - HOLY CARP! You get some real winners. That guy who grabbed you i'd have grabbed his hand and squeezed across the knuckles, like a painful handshake. I do NOT like being shoved around against my will.

Secondly - I like your Captain Haddock. To actually say that out loud XD

Thirdly - Note to self, mace here is the one in spray form. I instantly think of a flailing ball of painful doom (Morning Star) when someone says Mace, so your comment about "room in the jacket for mace" was soo much funnier XD
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

The second time you saw the nasty woman complaining about you humming you should of followed her around store humming Jaws theme song

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
        EO: *hits the button to alert his security service* Sir, I'm calling the police.
        FDC: *suddenly lets go* Oh fuck.
        Me: I am SO pressing charges.
        FDC: *bolts, presumably unaware of the several obviously-placed security cameras*
        EO: What the hell was all that about?
        Me: I have NO bloody idea.
        Please tell me you took the time to actually make a complaint to the police. That customer's criminal's actions would absolutely terrify some people. He needs to be stopped.

Thank god the movie was good or I may well have wept.
        Yeah, I enjoyed it too. I loved the little hints to the other Tintin books they scattered through the movie.

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
          Shopping for the makings for a light dinner for myself and the parents. (Yeah, I'm staying with them til the medical situation settles, I cook and clean to make rent.) I'm wearing a motorcycle jacket with the Phantasy Star Online logo hand-painted onto it over a green t-shirt and beige pants. The employees wear red t-shirts and black pants.

Me: *picking out vegetables* *humming*
          Picky Customer: You shouldn't hum when you're working, you know. It's rude.
          Me: *blink* Buh-wha?
          PC: Customers don't like it when employees hum! I don't even know what the tune is!
          Me: It's the Ambition of the Illuminus theme, now go away.
          PC: I'm going to get the manager!
          Me: Whatever.
          PC: *disappears for a few minutes, then corners me in the meat section with a manager who happens to be a friend of mine* Here! Here she is!
          Manager: ...She doesn't work here.
          PC: Yes she does!
          M: No, she doesn't. She is, however, a regular customer. How are you this week?
          Me: Great, thanks. How about you?
          M: Pretty well.
          PC: DON'T IGNORE ME!
          M: Madam, this woman obviously doesn't work here. It's terribly busy, please stop wasting my time.
          PC: *storms off in a huff* I'll never shop here again!
          M: Sheez.
          Me: Amen.
          Sheesh that lady was rude. Slightly OT but do you play either the phantasy star universe/online series? I portable more myself.

Comment

Wow! Tolly the Universal Employee! You work everywhere! Everything you wear is a work uniform!

Comment

You should hire yourself out. I would have paid money to see you tell some of my old customers to "Piss Off!"

Oh and how about this sonic screwdriver?

QmX will have a "not so expensive" version later this year.
              "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ
                Thirdly - Note to self, mace here is the one in spray form. I instantly think of a flailing ball of painful doom (Morning Star) when someone says Mace, so your comment about "room in the jacket for mace" was soo much funnier XD
                I actually carry mace. Or more precisely pepper spray. But anytime I play a period appropriate game I ogle the maces (I'm more an archer or Mage). And I always think of the mace the Witch King fight Eowyn with in Return of the King. *is totally a geek*
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

My favorite part is the idiot saying she didn't know what tune you were humming. That should make a difference??

There's gotta be a lot of stupid around these days.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
                    Encounter the Final: Local Cinema, Boxing Day

My friend and I are waiting in line to see Tintin, I'm dressed as Tintin and he's dressed like Captain Haddock. I've literally JUST finished telling him about the whole debacle.

Captain Haddock: ...Thundering Typhoons!
                    Me: Pretty much.
                    CH: How have you not started shooting at people?
                    Me: Because carrying a bow is too unwieldy.
                    CH: HAH!
                    Customer Doomed To Fail: *tugs my sleeve* Hey, which way to Gold Class?
                    Me: ...*blink* (No, no, not again.) I have no idea.
                    CH: ...*spock eyebrow*
                    CDF: What kind of customer service is this?
                    Me: The kind where I. Don't. Work. Here!
                    CDF: Then why are you dressed like Tintin?
                    Me: Because I want to marry Captain Haddock, obviously.
                    CDF: Wait, what?
                    Me: Please go ask someone else now.
                    CDF: But I'm asking you!
                    Me: *whimper*
                    CH: *shouting* Billions and billions of blistering blue barnacles!
                    CDF: *backs away* Riiiiiiiight...
                    CH: If you can't beat them, confuse them into submission.
                    Me: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Thank god the movie was good or I may well have wept.
                    You mention Gold Class: are you from Australia by any chance?
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Reading all of this almost makes me want to go dressed up as a store employee somewhere and start messing with people. That won't happen though. Red shirt and khaki's.. Look out Target.. I like to help others though, so I would probably guide them in the right direction. Sometimes I'd overhear a conversation somewhere where people were looking for an item, and I would politely introduce myself by saying that I hope I wasn't interrupting, but then give them advice. I remember being at a Target a few years back and heard an older couple looking for an optical mouse. I was nearby and told them that "optical" and "laser" are almost the same thing, and such. Made me feel good.

I'm not a Dr. Who fan but have seen the sonic screwdriver on NewEgg's daily deals here and there, for those that are interested. Nothing like that $4000 one though.
                      Last edited by emax4; 01-05-2012, 02:28 AM. Reason: Edited first set of words for clarity. first came off as potential flagging material

Comment

Tolly...were you a major SC in another life or something? That's the only thing I can think of that would be attracting all these "you MUST work here" types to you...holy cats!!

I've had people ask me before if I work at (whatever place we're in) but when I say no they almost always just laugh self-consciously and apologize. And if I can help them (easily), I do, since they're being nice. But these asshats you're encountering are beyond the pale...just wow.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                          I'm not a Dr. Who fan but have seen the sonic screwdriver on NewEgg's daily deals here and there, for those that are interested. Nothing like that $4000 one though.
                          When dealing with SCs, I think a sonic disrupter would be more useful.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Damn!!!!!! someone has finally outdone Lupo in the "I am shopping" stupidity/weirdness/asshattery encounters
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              Damn!!!!!! someone has finally outdone Lupo in the "I am shopping" stupidity/weirdness/asshattery encounters
                              It's possible to outdo Lupo?
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
                                FDC: FINE! I'll get the owner! *bodily drags me over to the counter* GET THE OWNER!
                                Next time some assclown does that to you? You need to show them that having undamaged balls is a privilege and not a right.

Kick. them. HARD.

That was @#$%ing assault regardless of whether or not you worked there.
                                Last edited by Mongo Skruddgemire; 01-10-2012, 04:10 AM. Reason: replaced "Jerk" with something that more befits my writing style.
                                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                                X