Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I keep attracting these people? HOW?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth psycholicious_cxs View Post
    Next time some sc bothers you, do the face:

http://youtu.be/8wRXa971Xw0

That is so freakin' hilarious! I'm laughing my ass off here. I gotta do that!

Actually, I think I have done that once or twice on the phone...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh my god, I laughed my ass off at that youtube video! I'm so tempted to use that at work to asshole customers......

How is it possible that all these people thought you worked at all these different places??? Maybe they were drunk/high or just had too few brain cells to compare your clothing to the uniform of the workers around them.

All those people should be forced to wear "The Sign". In fact, next time, just tell them, "Here's your sign..." Print some off too, so you can hand them out!
      Here's your sign...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Please tell me you haven't barricaded yourself inside your house and are now refusing to step food outside the door ... although I doubt anybody'd blame you if you had! Do you have a couple of clones running around out there somewhere??
        Tempted. Very, very tempted. But I needed to pay my rego today... Thankfully, the curse seems to have been broken! The answer? Wear headphones! Who knew?
        "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
        "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
        ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

Oh Dear God, Lupo's weirdos haven't migrated have they!?

Headphones don't always work, there is always some idiot who will yank them out. The last time someone did that to me ended up with an arm to the gut and busted eardrums. I spun around too fast and got him in the belly and the busted eardrums were from his wife . Apparently he didn't know she was still in our section of the store.

People really need a less rude way to ask someone who is wearing headphones where they got their hat from. Yanking them out and yelling 'HEY DEAF BITCH' is not conductive to your home life if your wife catches you acting that way. I'd never seen a grown man actually scuttle shamefully before out a store chased by his wife.

Glad the rego renew went well and you wern't grabbed or snarled at.

Comment

The rego actually went really, really well, and I think the ladies working there were happy to have someone thank them profusely for getting the payment sorted out so quickly. I had to leave it til the last minute this year, and I did not like.

All I need now is a T-Shirt that says "I don't work retail" and I think I'll be set.
            "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
            "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
            ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

My Lord!! You have my sympathies!
              "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Quoth Zaiida View Post
                I think they may just be on vacation... Poor Tolly

Also, were your headphones okay? I know if someone did that to me... I'd probably first try to punch them(Key word: Try. I confess to horrid punching ability). Failing that, I'd begin beating them with my headphones and demanding the $20 it'd cost to replace them!
                Last edited by Ree; 01-07-2012, 12:24 PM. Reason: Trimmed quote of entire post
                Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Nah they were fine, these headphones are the $9.90 ones from the supermarket and I replace them every 6 months because they are not robust at all (electrical tape near the heads) but they are the best headphones I can find for under 80$. Best headphones I've ever used were my very old sansa earbuds but they don't make them anymore that I can find .

I break headphones a lot so it makes no sense for me to spend the $$ if I'm going to break them with my ass or get them hooked on everything.

Also, didja know you can give someone a really nice welt when you whip them with a headphone cord?
                  Last edited by Zaiida; 01-07-2012, 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling I can

Comment

Quoth Zaiida View Post
                    People really need a less rude way to ask someone who is wearing headphones where they got their hat from. Yanking them out and yelling 'HEY DEAF BITCH' [...]
                    Although, nothing beats the look on their face if you cock your head at them and start signing (or faking it).
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
                      All I need now is a T-Shirt that says "I don't work retail" and I think I'll be set.
                      That would require that the cursetomers read...

I must admit, this is the first time I've heard of anyone who has the "RetailWorker" aura about them, who has never worked in retail -- I get this sort of thing from time to time (tho I've not worked retail in years) -- maybe it's just an aura of competence?
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        I must admit, this is the first time I've heard of anyone who has the "RetailWorker" aura about them, who has never worked in retail -- I get this sort of thing from time to time (tho I've not worked retail in years) -- maybe it's just an aura of competence?
                        I think that's the problem. We look like we've got a clue.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Zaiida View Post
                          Glad the rego renew went well and you wern't grabbed or snarled at.
                          I think the drop bears took over immigration

Quoth Tolly View Post
                          The rego actually went really, really well, and I think the ladies working there were happy to have someone thank them profusely for getting the payment sorted out so quickly. I had to leave it til the last minute this year, and I did not like.
                          UNless you're transferring rego papers over or you have a complex situation, did you know that you can pay at the post office?

Also judging by your claims of it being too bloody hot, I'm guessing you live in the eastern states?
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

OK, OK, I've gotten a vague idea from context, but please explain..."Rego"? Registration? o_O
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              That would require that the cursetomers read...

Are you kidding? I haven't worked face to face with the general public since Bush the first was in office and I still get people who think I work where ever I happen to be at the time. I dress like a slob most of the time, since wearing anything tight around my waist makes where they did the surgery hurt and I still get people who think I work at: CVS (pharmacy), WAWA (sort of like a 7-11, but better) Wegman's (grocery store) Giant (another grocery store) and Wendy's. It doesn't matter if Mr. Mis is with me, I still work there in their mind. The only time I don't get bothered is when the big guy is with me. He happens to be over 6 feet tall and built like a football player. Plus, I tell him to eat people when they annoy me.
                              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                                Are you kidding? I haven't worked face to face with the general public since Bush the first was in office and I still get people who think I work where ever I happen to be at the time. I dress like a slob most of the time, since wearing anything tight around my waist makes where they did the surgery hurt and I still get people who think I work at: CVS (pharmacy), WAWA (sort of like a 7-11, but better) Wegman's (grocery store) Giant (another grocery store) and Wendy's. It doesn't matter if Mr. Mis is with me, I still work there in their mind. The only time I don't get bothered is when the big guy is with me. He happens to be over 6 feet tall and built like a football player. Plus, I tell him to eat people when they annoy me.
                                Careful. Most SC's are loaded with cholesterol.

And another Wegman's veteran! Yay! I wish they had them in my current neck of the woods.
                                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                                X