Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I keep attracting these people? HOW?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    I've gotten a vague idea from context, but please explain..."Rego"? Registration?
    Yes. Please explain for those of us on the other side of the world who may not be familiar with your Australian ways.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      OK, OK, I've gotten a vague idea from context, but please explain..."Rego"? Registration? o_O
      Considering the upside-downess of Oz... Oger?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
        Are you kidding? ...I dress like a slob most of the time, since wearing anything tight around my waist makes where they did the surgery hurt
        Clothes (or lack thereof) matter not. Age matters not. Gender, location, ability to speak the local language....none of these matter. Customers can see our Auras of Competence from a mile away. While it does have its uses when teaching people how to do stuff (it helps get people to take you at your word), it does have this downside of making people think we know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, all physical evidence and (preferably loud) vocal protestations aside. The suckier the customer, the greater the range at which they can sniff us out, and the less likely they are to believe the famous words, "I don't work here"

As I've put it in other threads, they just KNOW.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Considering the upside-downess of Oz... Oger?
          Shrek? I didn't realize that Oz was in Far Far Away!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

rego refers to car registration

It USED to be a trend to add "o" to the end of some words or names i.e. Stev-o, arv-o etc. in what is known as "ocker" speech. Some of that said "ocker" slang is now common Aussie vernacular.

Of course, try and ask someone from interstate what a stobie pole is.....
            Last edited by fireheart; 01-12-2012, 12:37 AM.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

OMG you are hillarious!! I love what you said to those sc's in those stores you obviously "worked" in despite being dressed like a regular customer and the managers having no knowledge of you being employed there. ever. I hate it when someone grabs you thinking you work there. That only happened to me once and after telling them to remove their hands from my person (which they didn't. they STILL thought i worked at said place) I yelled DON'T F--KING TOUCH ME! believe me they let go right away shocked.
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
              X