Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I keep attracting these people? HOW?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it bad that I thought this read like a Lupo post? I had to go back and double-check who the OP was

After about the third one, I'd start demanding the twits tell me if I LOOK like my clothing REMOTELY matches employee clothing... Especially since I favor thermal pants and t-shirts right now, with a side of what I refer to as my 'Sweedish sweater*' and 'giant puffy gray marshmallow coat' either on me or in hand.

* - This sweater, I love it, found it at the Good Will distribution center shop(They sell things by the POUND, and it's awesome :shock: ). But the name I gave it comes from the fact that every time I look at it... I think of Minnesota/Wisconsin/Michigan, as well as Scandanavia
    Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Encounter the Fifth: Supermarket Again, Christmas Day

Emergency milk run.

Me: *grabs milk*
      Picky Customer Again: You're humming again! Customers don't like that!
      Me: Oh piss off! *storms off in a huff*
      Wow!
      What unbelievably sucky encounters.
      What are the odds of encountering the same annoying customer twice in less than 3 days, and on Christmas Day, too, no less!
      Just your luck they coincidentally had to make a run to the store at the same time you had to do an emergency milk run.

I would suggest staying away from that place with a track record like that.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        It's possible to outdo Lupo?
        Not even Lupo outdoes lupo.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
          Darn, I just checked your profile, and your Salem is on the other coast from my Salem
          Let me know when you feel like using up some vacation days and I'll take you right to the place. Hopefully I'll still be here for another year.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            Reading all of this almost makes me want to go dressed up as a store employee somewhere and start messing with people.
            It's been done before, and on a large scale too:

http://improveverywhere.com/2006/04/23/best-buy/

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
              It's been done before, and on a large scale too:

http://improveverywhere.com/2006/04/23/best-buy/
              Dude, that's awesome!

On the other hand, I can see why Best Buy would be pissed about it. Essentially the mob is disrupting business. It's one thing for the members to actually help any customer that requests help in simply finding something. But if all they do is say "I don't work here", then that leaves the customer confused because not only does the customer have to hunt and peck for a legit BB employee, but having to do is can be frustrating to the point where the customer says, "I'm never shopping here anymore". Now multiply that by the amount of customers in the store... My opinion is that it can be funny with one fake employee doing it in a large store, but when you have a whole store full, it's not so nice. The customers that a salesman sees as dollars end up simply walking out the door.

..and Agent Hamilton!

Comment

Next time some sc bothers you, do the face:

http://youtu.be/8wRXa971Xw0

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                  Dude, that's awesome!

On the other hand, I can see why Best Buy would be pissed about it. Essentially the mob is disrupting business. It's one thing for the members to actually help any customer that requests help in simply finding something. But if all they do is say "I don't work here", then that leaves the customer confused because not only does the customer have to hunt and peck for a legit BB employee, but having to do is can be frustrating to the point where the customer says, "I'm never shopping here anymore". Now multiply that by the amount of customers in the store... My opinion is that it can be funny with one fake employee doing it in a large store, but when you have a whole store full, it's not so nice. The customers that a salesman sees as dollars end up simply walking out the door.

..and Agent Hamilton!
                  plus it can also take away from sales, if non customers start doing the employee's work.

Quoth psycholicious_cxs View Post

Jenna is awesome!

although I'm not sure who I like seeing more... Jenna or Marbles & Kermit.
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 01-05-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

damn if you worked everywhere people thought you did you should be rich by now! *sigh*
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
                      Encounter the Fifth: Supermarket Again, Christmas Day

Emergency milk run.

Me: *grabs milk*
                      Picky Customer Again: You're humming again! Customers don't like that!
                      Me: Oh piss off! *storms off in a huff*
                      Quoth Ree View Post
                      Wow!
                      What unbelievably sucky encounters.
                      What are the odds of encountering the same annoying customer twice in less than 3 days, and on Christmas Day, too, no less!
                      Just your luck they coincidentally had to make a run to the store at the same time you had to do an emergency milk run.

I would suggest staying away from that place with a track record like that.
                      Not to mention that she's obviously got a memory problem. She remembers Tolly, but doesn't remember that she's been told that she doesn't work there.

Quoth psycholicious_cxs View Post

That is hilarious! I've got to remember that. And I like the follow-up for if "The Face" doesn't work.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Saphire089 View Post
                        Sheesh that lady was rude. Slightly OT but do you play either the phantasy star universe/online series? I portable more myself.
                        I'm a longtime PSO player and currently doing a PSP2 challenge run. Getting all S-Ranks in story mode first time. HARD.

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                        Secondly - I like your Captain Haddock. To actually say that out loud XD
                        He's a wonderful, special, twisted little man.

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        You mention Gold Class: are you from Australia by any chance?
                        Yes, yes indeed. It's too bloomin' hot, but I live here regardless.
                        "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
                        "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
                        ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

Please tell me you haven't barricaded yourself inside your house and are now refusing to step food outside the door ... although I doubt anybody'd blame you if you had! Do you have a couple of clones running around out there somewhere??

Just recently I was in a large grocery store and was having trouble finding something. I did ask another customer but I phrased my question: "Excuse me, please, I know you don't work here, but would you know where XYZ is?"

Quoth hotelslave View Post
                          The second time you saw the nasty woman complaining about you humming you should of followed her around store humming Jaws theme song
                          That would be absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Did you find Lupo's lost magnet?

Comment

I actually do get a lot of people asking me for help when I'm out and about on my own time.

It's a small town and I have worked in retail since 1978.

People know I look familiar, and they just assume it was that store where they saw me before. LOL.

Also, half the stores in the area seem to have gone with a uniform of red shirt and black pants.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
                                I had to go back and double-check who the OP was
                                I did, too. More than once.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X