Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My money is on the strawberries being the culprit. Not that they were moldy when they went on, but those fuckers mold at the drop of a hat.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      My money is on the strawberries being the culprit. Not that they were moldy when they went on, but those fuckers mold at the drop of a hat.
      That is why my friend was willing to do the refund. It could have been the strawberries.

Comment

yeah. we use to get giant boxes of them on the navy ships. by the time they got to us they'd have maybe 2 days left of life before going bad. we at them quickly

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          Not that they were moldy when they went on, but those fuckers mold at the drop of a hat.
          forget that those bastards mold while the hat is still falling....don't even think about maybe breathing on them, touching them is right out......
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I wouldn't put it past some people to put their own moldy strawberries on there!

I've never had any mold on me that fast. I'll have some around for upwards of a week and....nothing. I've got some blackberries sitting here right now that are several days old and they're fine.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
              I'm betting that this customer was a dumbass and left the cake out all day - probably in the sun.
              I'm gonna guess he left the cake out in the rain...which was sad because it took so long to bake it.....and the store will never have that recipe again.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                I wouldn't put it past some people to put their own moldy strawberries on there!

I've never had any mold on me that fast. I'll have some around for upwards of a week and....nothing. I've got some blackberries sitting here right now that are several days old and they're fine.
                Are the berries local? Usually local ones last longer (for obvious reasons, LOL) but I find that if I buy imports, they've been on the road so long that they don't have much life left by the time they get to my fridge.

Congrats to your friend for the GTFO response, Dave. Yeah, that's the good thing about being the boss, when SCs pull that "I wanna talk to the manager!!" they tend to get a bit deflated when they're told, "You are."

The other nice thing is, if the SC keeps repeating this behaviour (assuming they come back at all), Dave's friend can simply ban them.

Comment

PepperElf yeah. we use to get giant boxes of them on the navy ships. by the time they got to us they'd have maybe 2 days left of life before going bad. we at them quickly
                  <insert funny poke at you based on The Caine Mutiny.>

I can not imagine fresh strawberries lasting long on any mess deck.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    I imagine that a lot of it has to do with humidity and what sort of spores are in your area.

I know that around here, if you leave strawberries out, it takes about 2 days for them to decide it's time to grow mold.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      I imagine that a lot of it has to do with humidity and what sort of spores are in your area.
                      From the latest weather observations at the airport:
                      Temp: 28.1C
                      Apparent Temp: 30.4C
                      Relative Humidity: 73%

On Tuesday lunch time a tree fell on a car parked at the post office, crushing it. Luckily no one was hurt but it was a very wet day on Tuesday.
                      Weather at 12:30 local time on Tuesday:
                      Temp: 24.9C
                      Apparent Temp: 22.2C
                      Relative Humidity: 98%
                      Wind: 25 knots
                      Wind gusts: 34 knots
                      Rain since 9am: 41.4mm
                      It got to 100% humidity several times on Tuesday.

Things go moldy here very quickly.

Comment

Wow, it sounds like it's a bit chilly up there at the moment!
                        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                        X