This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, at least he admits it

This just happened, and it was weird. The players are me, OG (older guy) and YG (younger guy). I went to the gas station to do my DMV renewal. When I walked in, OG was at the counter talking politics (ie complaining) at the cashier. OK, whatever. I wasn't in a big hurry. YG walked in after me. Seeing he had cash in his hand (probably just paying for gas), I said to him, "You can go ahead; mine will take a bit longer." Just then OG--who, mind you, wasn't even involved--piped up with, "Don't mind me; I'm just takin' up space." I replied, "You said it, not me." His response? "You look cold." Uh, ok....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Um... Were you bra-less? If he wasn't making a sideways reference to a certain... perkiness in your appearance, I got nothing...

Comment

I was wearing a puffer coat. Maybe it was some sort of opening line. I dunno; old guys are weird sometimes. Actually, guys are weird sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        guys are weird sometimes.
        [looks affronted] Actually I'm always weird.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I was wearing a puffer coat. Maybe it was some sort of opening line. I dunno; old guys are weird sometimes. Actually, guys are weird sometimes.
          I'd put my money on potential pick-up line, except you didn't follow the script. He notices your heavy coat and says 'gee, you look cold', and you reply 'yep, it's pretty cold out today', and he follows by offering to warm you up.

Guys aren't weird so much as very, very predictable. And I say this having been married to the same one for almost 17 years.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
            Guys aren't weird so much as very, very predictable. And I say this having been married to the same one for almost 17 years.
            That's because we get beaten whenever we wander off script.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Hey, you're not supposed to say that. It's not on the script.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!

"Don't talk like that to me!"

It hurts when you're beating me!
                [/Cosby]
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Well, these scripted lines must work on some women, or they wouldn't be used.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    "Follow the script, don't be a hero!"

Comment

Working...
                    X