Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Music World closing surprise!

So I was strolling around the Eaton Centre many years ago, when lo and behold, I found out that one of my favourite music stores, Music World, was closing for good! Not just one store, the entire chain!

I wandered around, and guess what I saw when I looked above the cash register?

Some of the section letters, used to help alphabetize the videos and DVDs, were instead rearranged to form the words "F*** YOU"

That's right: "F*** YOU". Looks like the employees were feeling slighted (and rightly so) about the whole thing, and decided to express their emotions through humor (or at least, make themselves feel better)!

I found it funny, and pointed it out to them. They said thanks and agreed that there was nothing more that they can do about their situation.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Yeah I remember when Music World shut down. In my city they had just moved from an inside a dead mall location to a new location with an outside entrance (same mall; it was transitioning from an inside to an outside mall), and then a month later, they started the bankruptcy sales. Shame because it was a really nice new store they had; but the market just doesn't support CD's sales any more; and even DVD/BluRay is on the way out.

Comment

On the subject of moving letters around, I remember about 9 years ago when the local Shop Rite finally renovated their ancient storefront. It originally had a sign made up of separate letters, which they removed, installed a canopy and peaked roof with the round sign we're all familiar with today.

Thing is, they didn't take the old letters away with them, instead leaving them out back in the loading area. The letters sat there for at least a year, until someone decided to redecorate. Three of the letters were left on the dock, and the other five were leaned up against the retaining wall (the back of the store faced a hillside). Looked like this:

o . S h i t

Stayed that way for quite some time, as I recall. Shame I never shot a photo of it...
      Last edited by Shalom; 01-26-2012, 03:49 AM. Reason: case sensitive

Comment

ROFL.

Reminds me of what someone told me on my last ship... Someone had gotten bored while painting an overhead (ceiling) in the hanger bay. And they grabbed a different color paint to add some "flair" to the work.

No one noticed until apparently one of the officers brought his spouse on board and she looked up...
        Spouse: Honey, what does "FTN" mean?
        Officer: Um... "Fun Time Navy..." *

Well the "Navy" part was right. But yeah he wasn't going to tell his wife that the first part really meant "fuck the"

IIRC the paint was fixed asap.

I also heard one rumor that I'm not sure is true... but it sounds funny at least. On all navy ships the name of the ship is on the back of the ship right on the fan tail. It's embossed on the metal and painted a different shade.

supposedly one ship only painted *some* of it, leaving out letters in order to spell something offensive. and of course they got caught

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          Reminds me of what someone told me on my last ship... Someone had gotten bored while painting an overhead (ceiling) in the hanger bay. And they grabbed a different color paint to add some "flair" to the work.
          In a similar story I heard that an officer tasked a sailor to paint over the offending letters. The sailor did just that. He painted over the letters, but not the space around the letters, leaving the original thought clearly legible. The sailer was bought before a higher officer who asked him to explain his actions. He explained what he was told to do and that was what he did. The higher officer thanked him and dismissed him. The officer that ordered the repaint was than called forth and chastised for not giving the proper instructions to have the offending letters obliterated and for not following up on his orders.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X