This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds drive through scammer

I took the kids to go see my grandmother then went to pay bills and get groceries. We were out all day and I didn't feel like cooking so we went to McDonalds. My husband just got paid so I was like, WTH I will splurge since he will be eating at work anyway. They were packed due to the other one in the area getting remodeled and being closed. I was in the drive through, ordered the kids a happy meal and got me a chicken sandwich. I will try and describe this the best way I can.There was a car that was sitting parallel to the cars in the drive through, in the lane next to it so you can drive around the restaurant. There was a car in front of me at the window where you pay. When that car pulled up the car that was sitting next to us the drive through line started pulling into the space the car in front of me made as he was pulling up. I was like, OK maybe they had a wrong order and was waiting for a chance to pull in so they did not have to go in or wait in the super long line again. The car that was in front of me first was at the pickup window, this car was now in front of me in the middle, and I was at the pay window. The first car pulls off and the one that cut in front of me got to the pickup window. Then I noticed that they were handing out 3 happy meals and a bag to them and I was like, that looks like my order! Although I want to think the best of people and thought maybe their order was the same, I hurried and typed in their plate number in my phone before they pulled off. Sure enough I pulled up to the pick up and they tried to hand me a burger and a coffee. I told them the car in front of me got my order and didn't pay and had to show them my receipt. I gave them the plate number and told them the county that the tags were from and the manager said he was going to call the police. They not only remade my order but gave me a free milkshake for thinking quickly and writing down the tags Hope that the kids meals and cheap dollar menu chicken sandwich was worth the visit from the cops
    Last edited by pageantmama; 01-28-2012, 11:21 PM.

Scammers suck. But kudos to you for noticing that hey, that was your order, and getting all their info!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Excellent work writing down their license plate number! I hate assholes who steal food. I hope the police took it seriously and paid them a visit.

Comment

I am hoping that the manager decides to do something. Most of the time, charges are not pressed as it is too expensive to do so.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I never heard or thought of that happening! Wow, you learn of a new scam every day; good job getting the plate! So, since it was your 'property' that was stolen, do you get to press charges ? I need details!!!!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It must happen more often than you'd think. Sis's store actually takes a photo of the vehicle when they order, so that they guarantee the proper car is receiving the order.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              It must happen more often than you'd think. Sis's store actually takes a photo of the vehicle when they order, so that they guarantee the proper car is receiving the order.
              That's a good idea. More drive-thrus should do that. It should also work to stop other scams and "fire in the hole".
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Our closest Taco Hell got smart. The drive-thru is the only lane on the off side of the building... and if you wanna cut someone off, you're going to ruin your suspension doing it. A busy road with traffic going the opposite way, two sets of curbs and a ditch stand between that lane and any chance of them jumping in. One worker said that cut it down to nadda. Now if they could find a way to do in the store.

And good on you for getting the info they'd need! I hope the idiot chokes on the food as the police show up at their door.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  That's a good idea. More drive-thrus should do that. It should also work to stop other scams and "fire in the hole".
                  um...What is "fire in the hole"?
                  Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                    um...What is "fire in the hole"?
                    Basically, the guy in the car yells "fire in the hole!" and throws their drink in the poor drive-thru person's face.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                      Basically, the guy in the car yells "fire in the hole!" and throws their drink in the poor drive-thru person's face.
                      Or, possibly, something more harmful, such as hot sauce.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They did a segment on it on Tosh.0

Comment

Working...
                        X