Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady, you've got to be f**king kidding me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady, you've got to be f**king kidding me.

SC sighting on my day off. I'm doing my weekly food shopping at the supermarket. I've just finished collecting various foodstuffs and have crossed the last item off my list. I glance it over to check I haven't forgotten anything and head for the nearest relatively empty checkout.

Just as I start to unload my items, someone taps me on the shoulder. "Excuse me, can I go in front of you?"

I turn round, expecting to see a shopper with a pint of milk, or a sandwich or something. I've often let people with one item go in front of me before; it's only going to take a few minutes to ring them thru so it's hardly going to inconvienience me.

Instead, I see a woman with not one but two trolleys, both piled high with items. She's got her hands on her hips as tho it's her god given right to be allowed in front of everyone else, just on her say so.

I look her in the eye and say, very firmly, "Hell no."

The thwarted SC snarls back, "Why not? I'm in a hurry and I've got to pick the kids up from school."

To which I reply, "Sorry to hear that, but it's not my problem. I've got to get home and clean my flat, then cook dinner."

I then turn round and ignore the SC all thru the transaction, stopping every so often to pull the knives out of my back.

Seriously, did she honestly think I'd let her and her overflowing shopping trolleys go in front of me, when I had just £20 worth of shopping to put thru? Some people really are deluded.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

The late great George Carlin once joked about doing something like that. I never thought someone would actually have the balls to do it. Oh wait, where am I again?
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Wow. That's just oddly impressive. Wasn't sure that even happened in real life lol.

Comment

Mad Mike - Ways of keeping people alert was the piece. "Go to a grocery store and fill up a trolley. I mean a HUGE mound of groceries. Head to the checkouts, then, find someone with 1 or 2 items. And ask if you can jump infront of them. 'Do you mind? I'm in a hurry. I only have eleven hundred items!'"

Lace - I probably would have started laughing before saying no. And I just ignore those pesky cheese knives they shoot.
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Sounds to me like she should have started her shopping a little earlier in the day, and perhaps not bought all that stuff if she was on a timeline. That's just my personal opinion.

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
            Sounds to me like she should have started her shopping a little earlier in the day, and perhaps not bought all that stuff if she was on a timeline. That's just my personal opinion.

Nope, thats just common sense!

Comment

i'm just surprised she didn't accuse you of making her babies starve

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
                That makes sense... and if it makes sense, it's not allowed!

MadMike; never heard of that, but you know what they say about life imitating art. XD
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

At least she didn't try to go around you, like someone else did -- I firmly looked at them as I put my stuff onto the belt. Like I'm going to let anyone go in front of me who's going back and forth like they can't stand still for a few minutes. Had that person asked, I would have but didn't.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                    Mad Mike - Ways of keeping people alert was the piece. "Go to a grocery store and fill up a trolley. I mean a HUGE mound of groceries. Head to the checkouts, then, find someone with 1 or 2 items. And ask if you can jump infront of them. 'Do you mind? I'm in a hurry. I only have eleven hundred items!'"
                    "ARE YOU OPEN ON THURSDAY?!!!!!"
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Wow, talk about balls. Can't be in that much of a hurry if she took the time to fill up TWO trolleys.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Wow, talk about balls. Can't be in that much of a hurry if she took the time to fill up TWO trolleys.
                        I don't think she was in that big of a hurry . . . she just wanted someone to feel sorry for her b/c she can't plan her time better.

Just when you think humanity can't sink lower, somebody grabs a shovel and starts digging . . .
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I can kind of see how someone might be in that much of a hurry. After all, I've done a week or more's worth of grocery shopping with intent to immediately pick up my daughter after school on the way home.

However, this is why I budget enough time to get the shopping done, and set an alarm on my phone to warn me when I need to be heading to the registers to have enough time to deal with lines, check out, load my car, and get to the school. But then, I know how to plan.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

They flutter line to line looking for a sucker, I mean victim. Had them stand behind me sighing and just making themselves annoying noticiable. Normally the 'emergency' items they're buying are alcoholic beverages.

I dont purchase a lot so its not like I'll be there forever. I'll look over at the express lane to gauge the wait and look at the items, If its diapers or something thats a real emergency I let them, if asked. If its alchohol (most of the time) or theyre just being entitled asswipes I show a symphatetic face while politely informing them that the express line is open while pointing out its location.
                            “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
                            ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                            X