Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me as a non-fan of pigtails on adult women. It's a look that really doesn't work.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
      Count me as a non-fan of pigtails on adult women. It's a look that really doesn't work.
      Young women might be able to get away with it, but...

I did pigtails once at work (I was just bored and playing with my hair, I didn't leave them in for long) and one of the guys said it looked cute. I was probably mid-twenties at the time but I decided they really aren't for me.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hmm.. just a thought, but was the granddaughter of an appropriate age that she might have been playing at styling grandma's hair? I know that when I was young, my mother wore some stylin' macaroni and glitter necklaces in public to show how she liked them, lol.

Comment

Quoth CrimsonEmber View Post
          Hmm.. just a thought, but was the granddaughter of an appropriate age that she might have been playing at styling grandma's hair? I know that when I was young, my mother wore some stylin' macaroni and glitter necklaces in public to show how she liked them, lol.
          Actually, yeah, that did cross my mind. The girl was maybe 5 or 6, so they could very well have been playing beauty salon

Comment

My daughter (5) INSISTED that I do my hair in pigtails the other day so we'd match. I didn't have the heart to say no, so I went around looking like an idiot all day (because if I came home without them, she'd have definitely reamed me out LOL). I'm one of those people who can't pull it off

As for doors, I'm a girl, and I always hold doors for people, male or female (I hold elevators too, but that's a different story). I also always say thank you if someone holds the door for me. My mom, sadly, doesn't. My auntie taught me
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
              I always hold the door for a woman or a group if if I am the last one in or out. I open the doors for the women if they are getting into my car.
              My husband ALWAYS opens doors for me. It took me quite a while to get used to it at first! I was raised that whomever gets to the door first, holds it open for the next person.

The first time we went out to lunch, when we were done, he opened the car door for me. A guy in his mid-50's was in the parking lot with presumably his son, in his early 20's. He told his son, "See, you need to learn to do that!" He then hollered to my DH, who was just a friend at the time, "You earn those husband points!" I cracked up laughing. DH hadn't heard what the guy said, and it took me a while to settle down enough to tell him!
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

If I'm on a date and a guy opens the door just for himself and it shuts in my face, I usually grab it hard, swing it open, and growl "After you, jackass!"

To which the guy usually wrinkles up his face and goes, "Huh?"

And I reply, "Nothing....nervous tick."

Surefire sign you're on a date with a total Jackyl if he won't at least leave the door partway open for you.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  Surefire sign you're on a date with a total Jackyl if he won't at least leave the door partway open for you.
                  Pretty good sign there won't be another date, too, in my book

Comment

Working...
                  X