Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One does what they have to do, even it if takes them a while to work up the courage.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Busses weren't an option for me as there's 10-15 miles of highway between my home and work, so I relied on rides whenever I didn't have a car. It sucked to ask for rides, especially if my parents/brother couldn't help me out, but I had to get to work somehow. Even if it was someone I didn't care for, I was glad for a ride and to not get ticks on my record.

Now that I have a car from a big dealership, I can use a loaner vehicle so I'm usually not SOL when my car is at the doctor.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

To clarify, the workplace and road is in a small town, rural-ish area, plenty of places to walk/bike safely.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What a dumbass. When I was 19 and had a two year old, I would push him in the stroller to daycare, walk to work, walk back to daycare and pick him up, and walk home after working all day! It wasn't that hard, you do what you have to do to take care of you and yours!
          Last edited by mlmama; 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM. Reason: Trying to cut down on the commas...didn't work!
          You can't take the sky from me...

Comment

When I first got a job after moving to Baltimore I looked mostly for places close to where I lived. In fact from the time I was hired at <my store> until I moved outta my ex's place I walked to work. Granted it was a 10 minute max walk. Now I live 1.5 miles away. I could walk if I wanted to but I prefer the bus. Roomie will walk to my job if I work an opening shift and we'll catch the bus home.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Some people are so unbelievably lazy. My bf is like that..he refuses to walk ANYWHERE...even the walgreens up the road a couple of blocks. He'll drive there instead. I'm a walker/transit rider myself. Never had a car and never will.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Took a cab the...what is it, quarter mile from work to my house several times until I caught on that cab fare is expensive ($5 plus tip) and the cab forgot to pick me up once. So I saved myself the hassle and walked that half hour home or so home.
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

My daughter lived in LA for a while. She lived 3 blocks from work. when she applied, They were not going to hire her because she didnt have a car. They were convinced it wasn't possible to get to work without one. she had to convince them at her interview that she would have no problem walking the whole 3 blocks to and from work. They were shocked and amazed to find she was telling the truth!!! (she used to walk a couple miles one way when she lived at home)

Comment

Working...
                  X