Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I hate it when they apply so much that you can taste their perfume. Applying scent is not a watersport!

My BFFs MIL marinates in Youth Dew or something similar, and she's been wearing it for decades so she's nose-blind to it. There is almost a visible cloud around her...*shudder*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

One reason that I hated middle school and high school was the smell. All the dumb guys would cover themselves in axe so you could smell them miles away, like they hoped the commercials were true.
      Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

Where is a fire when you need one?
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
          Ugh, I have the same problem with heavy perfume that you do. I'm sensitive to smells, and too much of anything can leave me nauseous for the rest of the day. Axe is the absolute worst when it comes to body sprays. Blegh.
          i can't be in the bathroom after axe is sprayed. my bf even moved one of his cans to the car (emergency stash) cos i hated it so much. the bergamot i can almost tolerate though (just not right after it's sprayed).

thankfully he also has old spice.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Axe and teen-age boys. Deadly combination that. The pharmacy I used to work in, the way the air flowed in the building, whenever they'd empty a sample can on themselves (I often wondered how many of those the store went through), it would come straight into the pharmacy. We even wound up saying, "Ack! Axe alert!"

I'd rather smell Raid than Axe.
            We used to carry the Axe body sprays at my store . . . and I'd have a devil of a time trying to keep the guys from spraying that stuff all over the aisle!

Finally, they got "discontinued" when the tags went "missing." (cough*bullshit*cough) Not to mention the on hand quantities were way off between what we were supposed to have and what we actually did.

Since our home office decided to revamp planograms for each individual store, we no longer carry those - we lost too much on them before.

But you could smell that stuff all the way down the aisle . . . talk about gagging a maggot!!!

Not to mention the fact that that stuff will give you a headache if you smell too much of it. I'd rather smell a bottle of broken Old English 800 than that mess any day.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

If we had that Axe body spray when I was a mere youth, we could have used it as a cooties deterent, since its primary effect appears to be the repelling of the opposite sex.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Nonstop_Death View Post
                One reason that I hated middle school and high school was the smell. All the dumb guys would cover themselves in axe so you could smell them miles away, like they hoped the commercials were true.
                Oh dear God. At my high school, the air in the girls' rooms were thick with cigarette smoke, hairspray and perfume. You could literally see it; a nasty, sticky haze. And I'm sure the boys' restrooms were just as bad.

I tried wearing contact lenses in school, but a few visits to the loo put the kibosh on that pretty quickly.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I actually kind of like the scent of some Axe body washes. The ones I got for Hubby's Christmas stocking, at least. Of course, it's virtually impossible to go overboard with body wash.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    If we had that Axe body spray when I was a mere youth, we could have used it as a cooties deterent, since its primary effect appears to be the repelling of the opposite sex.
                    No scientific study needed on that one.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Oh dear God. At my high school, the air in the girls' rooms were thick with cigarette smoke, hairspray and perfume. You could literally see it; a nasty, sticky haze. And I'm sure the boys' restrooms were just as bad.

I tried wearing contact lenses in school, but a few visits to the loo put the kibosh on that pretty quickly.
                    At my high school, we had all of the above . . . with a bit of pot thrown in for good measure.

Especially in one building, which after one time (and that was because the other annex was closed due to classes staggering into the lunch period and I had to go really bad) I learned quickly not to use.

Talk about migraine-inducing . . . . I had to call my Mom to come get me early because I'd developed one.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      I actually kind of like the scent of some Axe body washes. The ones I got for Hubby's Christmas stocking, at least. Of course, it's virtually impossible to go overboard with body wash.
                      I like Hubby's body wash as well. Axe body wash = good. Axe spray = not good. The body wash is not nearly as overpowering. It smells clean and fresh, not sticky-stinky.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        At my high school, we had all of the above . . . with a bit of pot thrown in for good measure.
                        There may very well have been that as well, I just couldn't detect it over the rest of the stinking, eye-stinging miasma.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My boyfriend swears up and down he wears cologne, and I do see the bottles in his room, but to me, he always smells like clean laundry. Don't read me wrong, this is a compliment. I mean, his clothes ALWAYS smell fresh and clean, and he smells the same as his clothes do. I'm beginning to think he takes those dryer sheets and rubs them all over himself.

But, sure as heck, I go buy the detergent he uses and the same dryer sheets....do my clothes smell that good? Hell no.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            I'm beginning to think he takes those dryer sheets and rubs them all over himself.
                            Not recommended. Those things are contact sensitizers (like some photo developing chemicals, mango skins and topical anesthetics). Sufficient contact, for long enough, can give you a rash when you touch them, or even wear clothes dried with them.

Comment

Working...
                            X