Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not very bright for would-be uni students are you???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to inappropriate attire, when I was at uni I turned up for one of my practical classes in jeans, steel capped boots, a long sleeved t-shirt, and I brought my coveralls just in case. Another girl wore a halter neck shirt, mini-skirt and platform sandles. If I was to say that in this class we would be learning welding, as well as being taught to operate a milling machine and a lathe, who do you think was sent home to change?

Her arguments were she had brought an apron with her, and she couldn't find steel capped shoes in her size. Everyone looked at her apron, which was barely suitable for cooking never mind welding, and laughed. Even with my long sleeves and coveralls, I still ended up getting weld burn! Can you imagine how she would fare with all that bare skin? When I asked her what shoe size she was, and found out she was my size, I just looked at her and told her she didn't look very hard as I had to make a choice between 4 pairs of boots that I liked in my size, not to mention the styles I didn't like in my size.

After being sent home to change, she never came back. Oddly enough she dropped out of that class and changed her degree after the end of semester.

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
      In regards to inappropriate attire, when I was at uni I turned up for one of my practical classes in jeans, steel capped boots, a long sleeved t-shirt, and I brought my coveralls just in case. Another girl wore a halter neck shirt, mini-skirt and platform sandles. If I was to say that in this class we would be learning welding, as well as being taught to operate a milling machine and a lathe, who do you think was sent home to change?
      Aargh! Back when I worked in a machine shop, when I was fly cutting, some of the hot chips would find their way down my shirt (picture a man in a flannel shirt, all but the collar button done up, and you'll understand how small a target the neckline presented). For a woman in a halter neck shirt, the target would be MUCH bigger. Hot chips hurt like hell.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X