This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'My hands are full!!'

Background: I'm a cashier at a drugstore/pharmacy. I work main register. My coworker C works main except one of our truck days when he works on truck then stocking. /end background

Yesterday I called for backup so I could run to the bathroom. When I come back C has a customer. She's well dressed with keys and a blackberry or other non iPhone smart phone (I have an iPhone and recognize them immediately).
    C's ringing up her purchase and she pulls out her credit card and asks: 'Can you slide my card for me?'
    Side note: while we can slide a customer's card on our end we much prefer having them do it at the credit card machine.
    C responds in the affirmative but Sucky Lady slides her own card.
    She can't leave without one more comment (I wasn't paying complete attention and missed some of what she said): '...My hands are full.'

After she leaves I go up to C and ask him if Sucky Lady really bitched him out for not sliding her card for her.
    He said yeah, cause 'her hands were full.'

They didn't look like they were to me.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

What the hell was she bitching about? She asked if he could swipe it, he said yes, but she did it herself anyway. What else was he supposed to do, grab it out of her and swipe it? Then she really would've pitched a fit.

Seriously, I feel like looking at people lately and asking, "What the hell is the matter with you?"
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Now, Now. The lady may be carrying a lot of debt.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Well, if her hands were so full, why couldn't she, I don't know, put her stuff on the big counter while she swiped her card?

Oh wait. That makes sense.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Seriously, I feel like looking at people lately and asking, "What the hell is the matter with you?"
          "My first guess would be... a lot."

(Cookies for reference.)
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            "My first guess would be... a lot."

(Cookies for reference.)
            Con Air.

I say that way too much. Or not nearly enough.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X