This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheard in the call center today

This happened to a girl who sits near me (and is ridiculously loud, but that's a story for another time) today, I felt the need to share. I give her major props, because she remained far more calm than I would have, given the way this guy was acting.

In our department, we handle requests for repair and replacement on equipment. When we create the request (deemed an RA) we go through a number of steps, including verifying your part number, with a tech or tech support, if need be. This is to ensure that when we charge you as much as $2000 to swap out this part, you're getting the right part. In creating the request, you've agreed that this is the right part number, and that you agree to pay for the replacement. Seems simple, right? Of course not, in the mind of the SC.

From what I can ascertain, based mostly on eavesdropping, both purposeful and incidental, this particular SC called in last week, created an RA, and was sent the part he requested, which was, unfortunately, the wrong part. Not our fault, as he gave us the part number and authorized the request. Thankfully, we keep good records, in case of incidents like this.

The customer started out relatively calmly, but didn't seem to catch on when the agent explained that since he gave us the part number and authorized the request, we cannot just swap him out the correct part for free. We need to create a new exchange, and yes, he will be charged again. The agent then went on, far more calmly than I could have, honestly, given that the "gentleman" had started screeching, to say that she could get him on the line with our advocacy team, to see if they could help him.

My favorite part of the whole thing was when the agent started saying "Sir, I really don't appreciate you threatening me. I presented you with a simple solution, and if you don't like the answer I'm giving you, I can transfer you to someone higher up." She explained to him that what she offered was all she was authorized to do, and offered to direct him through the proper channels for escalation, and all he wanted to do was pitch a fit. This is why I hate people sometimes--ignoring the CSR offering to help, in favor of acting like a 2-year old.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford
Working...
X