This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    It's global warming. I think she needs to keep her mouth shut instead of contributing to the problem.
    Edited for my amusement
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quite frankly, I'm thrilled there's been so little snow. I slip and fall every single year. I had just--a few weeks ago--almost fully recovered from wrenching my spine last March when I slipped again. I think this last time is the cause of the slipped disk in my neck. That's 2 (well, actually 3, now that I remember another recent one) falls in one calendar year, over 2 winters. Yeah, why complain about lack of snow? blas, can u pm me a link or the name of your forecaster?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Where is this actual FB page? I'd love to see the comments AFTER hers and read the nasty comments about her posting.

Comment

I've had a very mild winter in my neck of the woods.

For which I am eminently grateful.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I wish there were a little more snow this year but I don't really miss having to drive in it. What I did have to drive in was plenty, thank you.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              I've noticed that, in many cases, fortune-tellers can do a better job of predicting the weather than meteorologists can. Just an observation.
              I'll stick with my weather forecast rope, thank you.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Snow! Makes everyone here in Bama crave milk sandwiches!
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Especially when they make some remark about how "meteorology's not an exact science," which, to me, means they're "not exactly" a scientist.
                  This is BRILLIANT. I am so stealing it.

We've got one of those smug "I'm a meterologist and you're not" types here, too. Gets all giddy and bouncy when really awful weather is due, uses terms such as "blizzard-like conditions" and then says he never told anybody a blizzard was coming. It can take him 15 minutes to tell you what the high & low temps are going to be, whether it's going to rain or snow and what the wind's going to be like. Very, very rarely admits to being wrong about a prediction.

We've had the mildest winter I can remember EVER. Hardly any snow, temps in the 30s and 40s. Today it was was 63 (F)!! I DO NOT miss the snow.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Lurking Sockpuppet View Post
                    What is this snow thing you speak of?

Born, raised and still live in Florida.

Sockpuppet
                    Lol it actually snows in the northeastern part of the state :P (not native but i have been living here since mid 07)
                    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      I echo this statement

(Born, raised and live in Australia )
                      Snow is that weird cold white stuff they get in the mountains northeast of Melbourne, southwest of Sydney. Around the Snowy River area.

It's sort of like soft hail.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

You...you don't suppose that this woman is one of those people who thinks weathermen actually MAKE the weather, do you? I understand they exist...which is odd, because you'd think people who could control the weather would be able to predict it better.

Comment

I'm not too far away from you Wisconsionites, and I'm also very happy there's been very little snow this winter.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Most people agreed with that awful woman, because they feel so cheated out of their beloved snowmobiles and ice fishing.

Wah. Wah. Wah.

And everyone else is grateful to have saved on their heating bills, saved on auto repairs and extra gas (any vehicle tends to guzzle like crazy when it's -30) from the damage that winter does to the roads, probably avoided many accidents, and didn't have to cancel as many plans because of weather.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              Most people agreed with that awful woman, because they feel so cheated out of their beloved snowmobiles and ice fishing.

Wah. Wah. Wah.

And everyone else is grateful to have saved on their heating bills, saved on auto repairs and extra gas (any vehicle tends to guzzle like crazy when it's -30) from the damage that winter does to the roads, probably avoided many accidents, and didn't have to cancel as many plans because of weather.
                              Yup, this. I'm betting our city's going to save a ton of money next winter because they've hardly had to use any road salt, so they won't have to buy much (if any) for next winter. They're already taking the ice boom out of the lake--one of the earliest removals ever.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Snow is that white stuff that makes the mountains look pretty and keeps the ski resorts busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X